GC90

MADLIB

Still waiting on that kraftwerk konducta thing

Bought most of my vinyl based off the samples from his old/new mixes and Beat Konducta albums. My biggest stack of records are Krautrock, African reissues and disco (MMS #10). I got Cluster, Throbbing Gristle and a few more New Wave/Industrial compilation albums based off of his recommendations.

Ready to buy more when I become unbroke!

• Like 2

can anybody ID this track for me? i can't believe i've never heard it, but here i am admitting i've never heard it...where is it even from?

can anybody ID this track for me? i can't believe i've never heard it, but here i am admitting i've never heard it...where is it even from?

goddammit, i think Bot got me again...the video i originally linked to was an unreleased track that apparently they don't want me to post. nice to know that i can effectively retire from this board and still manage to have my posts fucked with whenever i have an earnest question

It comes from the soundtrack to episodes of Ironside

I been waiting to hear some NEW beats from Madlib. When was the last stuff dropped?

I think we're due for more.

When I don't hear anything new from The Madlib, I get excited. Probably means he is in the midst of creation.

NEW beats from Madlib. When was the last stuff dropped?

It's been a while. The last all-new, all-Madlib record was Rock Konducta 1 & 2, 2013.

• Like 1

goddammit, i think Bot got me again...the video i originally linked to was an unreleased track that apparently they don't want me to post. nice to know that i can effectively retire from this board and still manage to have my posts fucked with whenever i have an earnest question

E pur sir muove

Yo, if that's Madlib in 1988 and wiki says he was born in 1973, then he was 16 in this picture. Dude's got a full mustache.

In "Sparkdala" he says "If you don't know I sparkdala daily/Been smoking since I was 16 (yo really?)" So it was around this time he started smoking weed.

http://www.stonesthrow.com/news/2008/10/jason-jagel-73-funshine-art-book-and-madlib-vinyl

Bought this book awhile back but finally got around to checking out the 10 inch, some sweet YNQ stuff here Dunno if it ever got put out on anything else, but would recommend grabbing this if you ever see it. The art is really great too. Saw someone on Discogs had one for $35 which is quite a bit less than I paid on eBay when I saw this pop up lol

Dilla / SV quote. People would be surprised to know how big of a fan / proponent of some of our underground heroes Drake was before "blowing up." He rapped with and shouted out cats like 9th Wonder, Elzhi, SV, Dilla, Little Brother, etc on quite a bit of his earlier work. It's slightly awkward in retrospect considering how removed he's gotten from that aesthetic but that's more so his background than what he's synonymous with today.

I know a lot of STMB cats view Drake as the antichrist though so let the "he's fake," ghostwriter, actor comments rain.

I like Drake's music.

• Like 1

just adding to the Drake/Madlib convo...

@ 1:09 "Yall niggas need to wake up, man! What yall niggas listening to? Drake or some shit? I like drake too, but cot'damn nigga" -Madlib 2011

• Like 2

Damn new madvillain shit seems pretty ill

@ 1:09 "Yall niggas need to wake up, man! What yall niggas listening to? Drake or some shit? I like drake too, but cot'damn nigga" -Madlib 2011

I laughed aloud when I read this. Any clue what he was spinning was?

Grabbed that new figure, like the design a bit more than the original which I bought awhile back then later sold. Still got that Quas figure too.

Hope this means new record is somewhat closer to being finished. Will it even be released on ST at this point though? lol

• Like 1

Hope this means new record is somewhat closer to being finished. Will it even be released on ST at this point though? lol

They're grasping at straws with this release.

Sad to see Madvillain go out on a whimper like this...

• Like 1

I laughed aloud when I read this. Any clue what he was spinning was?

That’s Hosianna IV from the rock konducta album

• Like 1

Instead of "Madvillain" they're listing the track everywhere as "Madlib & DOOM" / "MF DOOM & Madlib".

No idea if that indicates anything.

Track is perfection.

• Like 2