GC90

MADLIB

that Georgia Anne Muldrow album Seeds plays like a gritty soul album. I've listened to it, but I'm gonna have to pick it up on vinyl.

I want the Strong Arm Steady instrumentals LP, but nobody has it for sale in Discogs.

Phewy!

• Like 1

What's on the Ground Wire Hump 45?

Is that the Beat Konducta stuff when he used Indian samples

Yes.

• Like 1

I just love those beats by the Madlib that have that stretched, pitc-shifted warble. There's a few on the Pinata album. I got it on cassette, but I'm gonna have to get the beats on wax too

I just love those beats by the Madlib that have that stretched, pitc-shifted warble. There's a few on the Pinata album. I got it on cassette, but I'm gonna have to get the beats on wax too

yeah, the only way to get that is by time-stretching shit on the SP-303...idk how his beats get mixed/mastered, but whenever one of my beats has that it sounds like complete shit haha.

Plus Stones Throw pays Dave Cooley tens of thousands dollars to master it and gate the shit out of it to sound dope

i should become an engineer if that's the kinda money they're making...fuck rapping haha, thankless job.

Cooley knows what's up

What Madlib tracks got that time-stretched warble?

(Besides the few tracks on Pinata)

But Cooley didn't master Rock Konducta, nor many past releases...

He definitely did the Piñata album. If Kelly Hibbert did RK then that's basically just as good since Hibbert worked under Cooley at his studio.

Listening to MED's Classic today, the madlib instrumentals here are pretty great too. Got that 3LP with the instrumentals included, some fantastic beats there. Really really like the 1 life 2 live beat

Such an awkward interview lol, still not as bad as that weird French chick though from last year or year before

I know it's not what they said, but it almost sounded like Talib= About money first & Madlib= About music first lol

All of side four of Classic is so banging. Some of my favorite The Madlib beats are on that record.

• Like 1

I might open a restaurant and call it MADRIB

actually I won't ever do that

• Like 2

I might open a restaurant and call it MADRIB

actually I won't ever do that

i wanna explore this idea more...what would the MADRIBS restaurant experience be like?

I just imagine it being like the bbq place on house of cards but with records and music and stuff playing instead of lame government dudes coming through.

it takes fucking forever to get your food, but when you do......man, it's like the best dinner you've ever had.

• Like 5

hahah

and the chef has like 40-50 racks of delicious ribs that he cooked up, just sitting on plates around the kitchen, and he won't let anyone eat them.

• Like 1

None of the employees say more than a few garbled words and mostly communicate through hand signals and head nods.

• Like 1

^Waiter knows the ribs are ready to be served when he hears the chef quietly go "wooooo..!"

The sauce used on the ribs is secret sauce, if you go everywhere telling what the sauce was MADRIBS™ stops using it.

• Like 1

i wonder how you would even sample meat...

i mean, Scott Walker infamously recorded the sound of someone striking a giant slab of meat Rocky-style to get a certain sound on one of the tracks off of The Drift -- but an entire album of crazy ass beats of meat would truly be impressive, a hallmark of Madlib's career if you will.