GC90

MADLIB

DOOM has his own thread, thought Madlib could use one for random posts too (didn't know where to share below but thought it was neat)

http://www.rappcats.com/blue-note-uncompromising-expression/

bluenote-uncompromising.jpgbluenote-shadespage.jpg

Badass that Jank was first dude on Blue Note to design cover and to perform (even if it was a few notes, still counts!)

• Like 2

Madlib changed my days, J dilla changed my relationships, miles davis changed my weed man, orgasms changed my life

• Like 1

to Madvillain?

I've been listening to the "Vinyl me, Please" re-issue a lot lately. Damn that album has aged well... a top ten rap album for me for sure. Not sure I would jacked it to it though.

I've been listening to the "Vinyl me, Please" re-issue a lot lately. Damn that album has aged well... a top ten rap album for me for sure. Not sure I would jacked it to it though.

i would and do

I'm building my motivation catalog from an assortment of Pete Rock, Dilla, DOOM, and Madlib productions.

As far as Madlib produced stuff, I got the Quasimoto joints, Madvillain, the Percee P Perseverance instrumentals, Madlib Invasion 7", the Beat Konducta series, and the Med/Blu 12"s.

But what other stuff on wax produced by Madlib is worth having in collection?

I didn't care for the OJ Simpson tape. I like the Yesterday Quintet stuff but don't really want it on vinyl.

I haven't heard all the Frank Nit stuff. Is it hard?

What is some other stuff wirthorth getting?

• Like 1

Down for the Kaz is my favorite Madlib 12", definitely worth picking up -- http://www.discogs.com/Kazi-Down-For-The-Kaz/release/129158

Pinata is totally worth owning, if you aren't a big fan of FG the instrumentals are there on wax still.

I know you said you don't care about YNQ on wax, but if you were to make an exception I'd grab Sound Directions. Feel like Madlib's jazz stuff was best when he was doing covers -- http://www.discogs.com/Sound-Directions-The-Funky-Side-Of-Life/release/3970694

If you ever want to grab Jaylib, you should try to get the original pressing. The reissue has a remix of The Red instead of the original due to copyright bullshit. The original is way better imo.

The Variations of In the Rain great too -- http://www.discogs.com/Cut-Chemist-Madlib-Bunkys-Pick-6-Variations-Of-In-The-Rain/release/121919

Just a bunch of random stuff that comes to mind anyway, I think all Madlib worth grabbing on wax really lol

Edit: The Frank Nit stuff is worth skipping imo, I only got that MMS to complete the collection, was easily one of the weaker ones in that series.

get on those medicine show releases! something for everyone in that series. the 3LPs go for a pretty penny nowadays but have some incredible bonus stuff (#11 bonus LP in particular is dope, #5 too). If not the 2LPs are relatively cheap and have great art to boot. The #12/#13 wax is also worth checking out if you're set on forgoing the jazz/Guilty/Nitt side of the series. I'll just go ahead and assume you've already grabbed Rock Konducta.

Also I copped the first Madlib Remixes 12" not too long ago and the replay value is insane, I keep that one on steady rotation.

• Like 1

Yeah I got Pinata on cassette. IMO, Yeahthat was the best hip hop album of 2014.

I Want to pick up Lo Budget Hi Fi Music and the Black Tape.

I just got the Percee P one this past summer and the production on it was sick. I didn't know if he made some other shit wit people that I missed out on.

I think I'm going to skip out on the Nittyville

• Like 1

Dudley Perkins instrumentals are straight fire throughout

Woah yeah, totally forgot these! I actually don't have the instrumentals on wax, some seller on Discogs has you to thank for me grabbing those both now lol

Am I the only one who is feeling Frank-N-Dank?? I really liked the Nittyville MMS....

I would definitely suggest getting the Lootpack LP, pure hip-hop, Madlib banging the shit out the SP1200, some of my favorite Madlib joints are actually on there (Questions, Hityawitdat, Speaker Smashin', Long Awaited)....

Stop sleeping on SAS 'In Search of Stoney Jackson'.

this.

also, the Georgia Anne Muldrow album had some pretty good beats too...not sure if it's enough to cop though; SAS instrumentals are a definite shoe-in.

On the Dudley Perkins instrumentals are you referring to the Lil Light or the Dr Stokely?

On the Dudley Perkins instrumentals are you referring to the Lil Light or the Dr Stokely?

Expressions/Light for me, don't think they put out Dr Stokely instrumentals on wax (and imo wouldn't be worth picking up anyway)

Def agree on the Strong Arm Steady

That GAM 'Seeds' album is a sleeper classic. Whenever I put the CD in my car it doesn't come out for at least three weeks.

• Like 2

What's on the Ground Wire Hump 45?

Is that the Beat Konducta stuff when he used Indian samples