MattCoops

Wayniac Mondays

can't wait for him to come back four years from now wearing a mask spitting about villainous shit.

He has been posting a lot about how he's been stepping his live performance up quite a bit. I'm definitely disappointed if this retirement thing is the real deal.

captaincookie, all of us posting dig your shit and if its true that you're hanging up your RCA cords then I want to at least thank you for the great tunes and the awesome set you rocked with KNX supplying the beats in Denver a few years back. I hope life brings you bigger and better things and as a fan I'm glad to see you looking so healthy.

• Like 3

captaincookie, all of us posting dig your shit and if its true that you're hanging up your RCA cords then I want to at least thank you for the great tunes and the awesome set you rocked with KNX supplying the beats in Denver a few years back. I hope life brings you bigger and better things and as a fan I'm glad to see you looking so healthy.

Good stuff, sunny.

captaincookie, all of us posting dig your shit and if its true that you're hanging up your RCA cords then I want to at least thank you for the great tunes

hhnnnnnnng

59606.jpg

NO WAYNIAC NOOOOOO!!!! But alas he must have his reasons...Be Blessed friend we enjoyed your work!

i don't really understand..... all the back and forth posts. one minute it's "working on new shit, be out soon" next it's "i'm retiring" then it's some "working on my live performance" now it's retirement again. what gives? i don't know what to believe

my guess is he's generating the hype machine to debut a new persona or something...

if everyone assumes Wayne's retired, they won't be expecting any new shit when it finally drops. DOOM and Death Grips do this all the time

^ I don't really think wayne has the following to achieve anything out of doing that. No offence to him, I like his music. But in the grand scheme of things he barely had his foot in the door. My guess is he just got tired and needed a break. Either way he'll be back one day in one way or another.

Peace to wayne. I appreciate your music fam. Stay on that health grind.

i mean i love always loved wayne

but it was kinda crazy how fast he did take off all the sudden.

like everyone was on boat.,

im sure it gets to be a bit much always expected to be great

my guess is he's generating the hype machine to debut a new persona or something...

if everyone assumes Wayne's retired, they won't be expecting any new shit when it finally drops. DOOM and Death Grips do this all the time

Nah, Death Grips is different. Their whole career arc has more or less been one huge piece of performance art. Their image and perception are carefully crafted to the point that their music is almost overshadowed by the group's enigmatic behavior/publicity stunts. Even DOOM seldom steps out of the supervillain character, on and off the mic. I don't think Jonwayne has put all that much thought into his persona. In fact, it could be that he's trying to disassociate himself from the image he's established as JW.

Maybe I'm not giving him enough credit.

• Like 1

I don't know if he really is retired but either way he's definitely been looking for a label lately, just peep the latest people he followed on twitter, only labels (major ones):

FyxKyyC.png?1

• Like 1

Nah, Death Grips is different. Their whole career arc has more or less been one huge piece of performance art. Their image and perception are carefully crafted to the point that their music is almost overshadowed by the group's enigmatic behavior/publicity stunts. Even DOOM seldom steps out of the supervillain character, on and off the mic. I don't think Jonwayne has put all that much thought into his persona. In fact, it could be that he's trying to disassociate himself from the image he's established as JW.

fair enough, but i'm pretty sure there's footage of him during a show claiming that what he does is performance art as well haha.

I last year I would have agreed with you... except now I know the truth, that Jonwayne is actually Eddie Murphy. So your post is ridiculous and wrong.

• Like 1

I mean, to me more than anything it seems like he and ST had a falling out and he's off the label, thus his future is once more less certain. All the retirement stuff is clearly just a joke/prodding ST. dude's not gonna retire, he's just been stepping up his game! Which is why I'm baffled as to just what the falling out could be over... Maybe they weren't feeling Rap Album 1? I mean they stepped up the hype machine for the Cassette stuff, you know they were diggin that... highly mysterious.

i'm just patiently waiting for Rapal Bum 2, regardless of which label it comes out on...

I last year I would have agreed with you... except now I know the truth, that Jonwayne is actually Eddie Murphy. So your post is ridiculous and wrong.

Thank you for bringing this invaluable development to me. Please disregard that post, as well as all of the others I've made in the past.

I don't know if he really is retired but either way he's definitely been looking for a label lately, just peep the latest people he followed on twitter, only labels (major ones):

FyxKyyC.png?1

lol

it's almost like jonwayne is some sort of...abrasive...tempremental...artist...type.

My god something totally unique and original

I thought I heard he was putting out 3 albums on ST. Maybe he has to change the name to get out of that? Hope to hear some new stuff soon. #1 is the shit.

Too bad he can't sign on with Brainfeeder or something, already had that Captain Murphy feature and everything.

I spent some time reading over interviews and blog posts from the last year the other day and I think his falling out may have something to do with the quality of the finished product. He wrote this post at Passion of The Weiss talking about how Daddy Kev's studio is amazing and how most artists aren't getting the guidance they need; which had me thinking about him literally sleeping in the ST HQ making music. So I think mastering might have been an issue. Earlier last year he mad a series of tweets about how he isn't trying to contribute to the conversation modern rap music is having and how he could give a fuck what anyone thinks of him. He had this really weird interview with himself that Jason Goldwatch put together and he comes across with a giant fuck you to the audience; I'm going to assume ST couldn't have liked that since it was basically to hype RA1.

PBW just did a show here in Denver tonight so I stuck around until the very end and asked him 'What's up with JW? Are you guys still working with him?' He replied, 'It depends on what he brings to the table.' When I said I was just asking as a fan of his he said, 'We don't even talk about music when we hang out.' I didn't want to be an ass and prod him too much about the situation so I left it at that. So yeah...

• Like 3

Jonwayne followed me on Twitter

Same here, pretty surprising