MattCoops

Wayniac Mondays

you're just a hater. as long as those albums are certified classics then there's gonna be a market for people to buy em. people aren't just gonna STOP wanting to buy classic albums. by your logic blue note and impulse are abusing the legacies of trane and miles. what are they supposed to do? just say "too bad no more madvillainz ever for sale again"? quit hating

I understand repressings of shit gets sold out but I'm talking about like anniversary editions or special packaging type shit, "bonus tracks" etc.

Fag

you're just a hater. as long as those albums are certified classics then there's gonna be a market for people to buy em. people aren't just gonna STOP wanting to buy classic albums. by your logic blue note and impulse are abusing the legacies of trane and miles. what are they supposed to do? just say "too bad no more madvillainz ever for sale again"? quit hating

this is exactly what i'm saying. the anti-reissue argument is half ignorant, half dumb hate by someone who doesn't think there's any business in the music business.

I understand repressings of shit gets sold out but I'm talking about like anniversary editions or special packaging type shit, "bonus tracks" etc.

Fag

Don't buy 'em. No one's forcing you to even pay attention.

there's more than enough room for someone to put a dialogue box in the top right corner...............

hmmmmm

How is there not one 'hip hop journalist' or blogger who can't figure out what's going on? I understand JW isn't the biggest name in the world but there's got to be someone who can find out what happened with ST/JW and then publish the results to the internet...

I'm very curious myself. Revisited Marion Morrison today without even thinking about it, then realized and was all like "fuuuk"

^ just got MM in the mail today along with a shitload of other tapes. Never heard it so I'm glad to finally have it cap off the trilogy.

^ just got MM in the mail today along with a shitload of other tapes. Never heard it so I'm glad to finally have it cap off the trilogy.

never heard it? MM is much better than cassette 1 or 2. More comparable to Rap album one.

MM > RA1

imo...

naaah not for me breh. MM is hella good though, the first beat on there is prob my favorite jonwayne beat ever, so dope.

i think the album lulls during the second half; tracks like 'Zeroh's Song' are inherently good if you try hard enough to enjoy all that's going on...but i don't think it fits within the rest of the album, and i appreciate the rapid-fire pace of MM much more -- especially when each track is just simply beats and raps.

RA1 is a bit too ambitious for me, it tries to do too many other things instead of just focusing in on the raw shit.

i heard jonwayne wanted to cut his hair and shed a few pounds for the ladies,

and stones throw said "no" , because he had an image to uphold, for 2 more records.

so jon walked out the door.

• Like 1

^ haha that can't be true...

i'd totally leave a label if it came down to me having to keep a fucking haircut.

i'm wondering where this new material he's speaking of will be released????

Going back to Alpha Pup? Doesn't Daddy Kev run that label? Pretty sure that's where Bowser and Doodles were released through.

and stones throw said "no" , because he had an image to uphold, for 2 more records.

Guess stones throw weren't feeling the stay at home dad vibe...

Dudes lost mad weight though.

LOL

• Like 1

I'm talking about like anniversary editions or special packaging type shit, "bonus tracks" etc.

Fag

the only bad vinyl is

Limp-Bizkit-Behind-Blue-Eyes-263716.jpg

i'm one of jonwaynes biggest fans, but sometimes (even now) he sounds like a deaf astmathic

^that's constro's favorite joint right there