James Frank.

Films

recently got re-acquainted with Being John Malkovich back in April for my film history class...we had to write a paper relating Cameron Diaz's plot thread to transgender rights and representation in society throughout the past hundred years? (it's Boulder) but all politics aside, that movie is fucking great. easily one of my top 5 favorites now -- Charlie Kaufman and i have very similar sensibilities in our screenwriting styles. i knew he was good, but i've also been slacking on his catalog. stoked to watch Anomalisa someday, hopefully this year or something

Try Adaption, if you haven't already seen it. It's one of my favorites. I watched the movie Kaufman directed that starred Philip Seymour Hoffman and Samantha Morton, but I didn't get it and I don't really remember what it's about.

• Like 1

Try Adaption, if you haven't already seen it. It's one of my favorites. I watched the movie Kaufman directed that starred Philip Seymour Hoffman and Samantha Morton, but I didn't get it and I don't really remember what it's about.

Synechdoche, New York. Amazing film. Total mind fuck, if you're into that sort of thing.

• Like 1

It's not that hard to put together a coherent story, especially when you've got as big a foundation as the ones from the comic books. David Ayer has made dope movies before, so shit that he couldn't even adapt the most formulaic, accesssible, and easy material known to man

Saw it last night and it was okay, entertaining but never reached that classic status.

Needed more Joker cuz Leto was killing it.

Needed a better villain cuz the witch and her brother were kind of lame.

Seems like they are setting up a Justice League vs Suicide Squad movie.

i laughed so hard in the theater throughout the film...i loved it, it's my favorite movie of 2016. great films are great, but nothing beats a two-hour car crash

• Like 1

Idk if I'd call it a car crash... i'd have preferred something that was ambitious and utterly failed like the fantastic 4 reboot which was so bad it was funny, suicide squad was just boring.

Idk if I'd call it a car crash... i'd have preferred something that was ambitious and utterly failed like the fantastic 4 reboot which was so bad it was funny, suicide squad was just boring.

Jared Leto wearing a grill and Hot Topic make-up wasn't entertaining to you???

did you see Killer Croc in this lol?

he asked for BET -- fucking BET, of all the things to ask for after you save the world. they don't even have Rap City anymore, yet this crocodile man wants BET in his jail cell...AND THEN THEY ACTUALLY GIVE IT TO HIM.

there's a script somewhere that has the line:

CUT TO:

INT. JAIL CELL - DAY (CONTINUOUS)

Killer Croc is lying down on his bunk bed with his arms stretched behind his head. The TELEVISION above him is playing BET.

to me, that is one of the funniest things i've ever seen in cinema. that shit deserves an award

• Like 2

why hasn't anyone here brought up Flying Lotus's work in progress?

dude started out as a film major and dropped out of school to make music...now it's all coming full circle for him. it's really admirable from my standpoint, since i technically have a BFA now -- he's making me think i should've dropped out of college to DJ though, cause my degree hasn't opened shit up for me whatsoever haha

Don't Breathe was pretty dope, kind of reminded me of The People Under the Stairs. Not really a big fan of modern horror films but I'd say this is top shelf stuff.

Don't Breathe was pretty dope, kind of reminded me of The People Under the Stairs. Not really a big fan of modern horror films but I'd say this is top shelf stuff.

DAMN

Gonna see 2001 in 70mm tomorrow at Seattle Cinerama, should be pretty sweet

• Like 2

2 things.

one, i didn't realize meat head directed all these.

two, these are really your favorite films?

Some of these are in my top 100....

^^looks hella good

I liked this one a lot:

Saw it this summer, good flick. Digged the concept a lot.

• Like 1

Watched it yesterday. I think it's on Netflix.

i've been waiting for the release of that, it made its premiere at the 2012 (?) BIFF, the Boulder International Film Festival...i just remember being given a media pass to shoot random b-roll of the event, including the panel we had with special guest speaker Peter Fonda.

long story short, i was granted access to whatever films i wanted the entire week -- and it all started off with that doc, some really cool stuff. i was supposed to give all my footage to some people with the festival, but it was so poorly managed that i just ended up not doing it lol. i had some random Peter Fonda footage floating around on an old computer at some point, but i think i threw it away.

• Like 2

Muscle Shoals was excellent. A must-see for anyone into 60s soul records, or music recording in general. It's incredible that they had those scenes of Aretha in the studio. Too bad the have Mick Jagger's mug in the trailer, because the movie's only downside is when they get to the Rolling Stones era. The music becomes disinteresting in the last part of the film.

Watch Muscle Shoals together with The Wrecking Crew. Not as good a documentary, but the stories, music, and musicians make up for that.

I was(am I still?) on a mailing list to get news about the wrecking crew doc for several years, but never watched it.

just saw Cooties with my lady last night...fucking awesome movie, one of the best comedies i've seen in a long, long time. we had the DVD, so we got to watch the alternate ending as well.

i have no clue why they didn't go with that ending instead -- the "official" ending just dragged on and got weird. i felt the momentum drain from the film during the entire last sequence, you can just tell that it was some retarded executive's decision at the very last moment in post-production to do those re-shoots. if that movie ended with the alternate ending, i would easily give it a 9/10...but instead, it gets a thick, veiny 8 from ol' jamesy

i don't even know wtf is going on on these boards sometimes