flowmontana71

Madlib and Freddie Gibbs

32 minutes ago, SwampThing said:

lmao hol' up was that an anti-vaccination rhyme in there

these black babies getting injected with this mercury serum, i have a son, I ain't gon' let them needles get nowhere near him

This was posted a couple of days ago by MED. Although there might not be any real significance with the tweet other than MED praising the few tracks he was sent, I wonder if this means we're nearing the release of the album. Anyway, as much as I would love to hear MED as a feature on the album, I doubt he'll make an appearance. It's been two years since Madlib announced the album, and just now MED has received some of the tracks, but who knows, maybe he might appear, it would make for an interesting collaboration: Freddie Gibbs & MED. Regardless, I'm eager to hear the album.

It's coming soon, hear some other folks have been getting tracks too...

Freddie's saying his part of Bandana is done, Madlib is workin on it now...

Pinata took five years so yeah these things take time.

i'd rather see a new beat konducta album. i know all you fanboys gonna hate me but imo pinata and nittyville are the worst madlib produced albums 

5 hours ago, mau said:

i'd rather see a new beat konducta album. i know all you fanboys gonna hate me but imo pinata and nittyville are the worst madlib produced albums 

Interesting take, I really don't like Nittyville, but several beats on Pinata are straight fire.  Thuggin, Knicks, Lakers, and Scarface are top-level Madlib beats IMO.  Some average tracks in there sure, but WAY better than Nittyville overall. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, orchidthegreat said:

Interesting take, I really don't like Nittyville, but several beats on Pinata are straight fire.  Thuggin, Knicks, Lakers, and Scarface are top-level Madlib beats IMO.  Some average tracks in there sure, but WAY better than Nittyville overall. 

I'd red that Egon and possibly other ST heads asked Madlib to make some important edits to issue MMS9 (which explains the time gap beetween MMS 8 and 9). Wondered what was like the early version !

Piñata on the other hand is really well executed.

On 8/23/2018 at 8:46 AM, orchidthegreat said:

^^^^^ this, also, Shame is pretty much one of my top three beats by lib. 

• Like 1