flowmontana71

Madlib and Freddie Gibbs

Yeah, I think obvious is a bit much. I doubt it's the only album featuring an obscured silhouette

Obvious?

Yeah, I think obvious is a bit much. I doubt it's the only album featuring an obscured silhouette

My apologies -- I wasn't clear in what I meant by "obvious." What I was alluding to was access more than the actual similarities between the two images. Access in this case refers to the history between the two, thus a likely familiarity with one another's album arts and what not. In reference to the Piñata art and the other record(s) unearthed that possibly inspired it, someone mentioned the possibility of a copyright infringement claim. One of the criteria in forming a case in copyright infringement is access, that's all I was saying…

one cover has a white background lit up with multi colors and a dude with hair out of focus and a ring.

the other cover has a black background and hidden in shadows is a bald dude with a chain.

they are almost the opposite. not even similar

I was bummed Madlib didn't get a beat on Shadow of a Doubt, in some interview during the Pinata days FG said he'd prob get Madlib on more stuff in the future :( The vibe of the album was quite different than usual Madlib stuff though, so maybe that's why. Outside of a few skips Shadow is a pretty good record. Check out the Pronto EP too

As far as the artwork discussion goes, Shadow's just seems like a continuation from Pronto's style (not seeing how related it is to MMS 5/6)

yqkzISN.jpg

On another note: Happy 2nd anniverary to Freddie Gibbs & Madlib's Pinata LP. Coming up in the Rappcats newsletter next week or two we've got a new surprise from the MC & producer.

FlfFeNL.gif

• Like 8

LOL didn't even see that it doesn't have any additional tracks. why not a 7-inch? that hit-and-run one of a kind markup

I ask myself this question all the time, lol. There doesn't appear to be any particular rhyme or reason as to why some songs/ projects get pressed on 12-inch records, 10-inch or 7

Had that one, bought that right when it came out. Ended up selling it, think I got a few bucks more than usual since it was that version

• Like 1

Had that one, bought that right when it came out. Ended up selling it, think I got a few bucks more than usual since it was that version

I wouldn't care for that particular release otherwise but the backstory makes it intriguing. How much did you get for it and where did you order it from?

I wouldn't care for that particular release otherwise but the backstory makes it intriguing. How much did you get for it and where did you order it from?

Bought it from the ST shop I think, ended up getting almost $20 for it last year I think.

"I wrote this album and another album when I was locked up; I wrote the Madlib album too."

"Y’all pretty much know that I’m about to drop the bomb with this Madlib shit. That’s rumored, you know what I mean, allegedly I’m about to drop that—when Otis is ready then I’m gonna drop that."

http://www.complex.com/music/2017/04/freddie-gibbs-interview-you-only-live-2wice

• Like 3