Samir_

Madlib the Rock Konducta

copped!!!!!!!! ill have to just get a new record player fk it

Madlib - Hold The Organ - Rock Konducta Vol. 1

Instantly copped of course, but they're killing me with the no track names. Now I'm gonna have like half of the tracks mentally named from the single releases and the "45", and the other half will remain nameless. And my bad eyesight got me psyched for 29 tracks rather than 19. (and 7 bucks for shipping a 1LP...USPS needs to chill on that)

BUT the day has come! and "Hold the Organ" is awesome. very excited to drop the needle on this one.

• Like 1

Will cop once I have some paper!!!

This!

A lot of nice releases lately, killing my bank account, and Christmas is round the corner!

(and 7 bucks for shipping a 1LP...USPS needs to chill on that)

Don't know why ST/Rappcats won't ship Media Mail. Sometimes I'll just grab a copy at UGHH/etc to save a few bucks lol

THIS SHIT IS ON FIRE

I got an email from rappcats that my order was completed. Does that mean it was shipped? I am very excited to get it.

Yessir!!

Kind of a sad day in ST history when you can't cop The Madlib's new release via the ST store...

• Like 3

Kind of a sad day in ST history when you can't cop The Madlib's new release via the ST store...

YEAH ALL THEM DAMN HANDS IN THE COOKIE JAR RUINED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

cookie-jar.png

• Like 2

i know this is "vinyl-only" but is that a forever thing, or just right now? meaning: will this eventually be released as an mp3?

just wondering really

Give it a few weeks.

• Like 1

I been checking the tracking compulsively, still stuck on the "electronic shipping info received" bit, so I don't even know if it's actually shipped yet despite the "it shipped" email several days ago from rappcats.

I think the deal is we get MP3 when Vol 2 comes out next spring, along with Vol 1-2 CD version.

I been checking the tracking compulsively, still stuck on the "electronic shipping info received" bit, so I don't even know if it's actually shipped yet despite the "it shipped" email several days ago from rappcats.

Sometimes that is just usps being slow to update. Thats what I hope anyway.

Here's what the ST store says:

Description: Madlib's first Rock Konducta LP - the latest in his instrumental "Beat Konducta" series - has just been released on his solo imprint Madlib Invazion. This contains 19 tracks, approx. 30-min. total running time, and is vinyl only – no CD, no digital, not even a track list.

binyl only – no CD, no digital, not even a track list.

Yeah, we've heard that plenty of times before though. Just give it time and I guarantee we'll at least see a digital version. I also agree with SwampThing, this is how the first 6 BKs were released; vinyl first then a CD combining 1&2 in a few months when 2 gets pressed up.

If memory serves me, the first 2 BKs were vinyl only and took a whiiiiile before any other format saw the light of day. I like that though, feels like you got some real exclusive shit in your hands.

from rappcats: Madlib will release Rock Konducta Vol. 1-2 on all formats in Spring 2014. Shipping now is the advance LP release of Rock Konducta Vol. 1. Vinyl only. No CD, no digital. There isn’t even track titles.

They're just trying to spread out their cheddar net is all. Get all the vinyl people and the die-hard fans who can't wait with an exclusive advance $20 LP (i've even seen it described as "limited" on a few websites), then wait an appropriate amount of time (4 months or so, long enough to feel like you didn't JUST spend 26 bucks on a single LP), and release the second $20 LP along with the CD and MP3.

Vinyl heads will drop 40 bucks on LPs, regular civilians will drop 15 on CD, and some die-hards will do both (depending on what Jank does with the CD!). It's a win-win for Invazion.

• Like 1

Yo where's the madlib/mos def thread gone? Am I missing something, did i dream it

Solution to get rid of the photoshops I guess, after they were posted the second time.

As for Rock Konducta, the preview 45 and two soundcloud tracks didn't really amaze me... What he played on the Boiler Room set and BBC was great though, so I'm kinda hoping for more that type of sound. Waitin for the full CD.

Guitar licks, guitarlicks, guitarlicks, GO guitar licks go!