Samir_

Madlib the Rock Konducta

488 posts in this topic

The latest from RappCats: "At the San Francisco show, Madlib will be selling a limited edition 7-inch EP containing selections from his forthcomingRock Konducta album on Madlib Invazion. The 7-inch vinyl with white labels with sleeve are being manufactured in a run of 300"

http://www.rappcats....-rock-konducta/

2 people like this

The latest from RappCats: "At the San Francisco show, Madlib will be selling a limited edition 7-inch EP containing selections from his forthcomingRock Konducta album on Madlib Invazion. The 7-inch vinyl with white labels with sleeve are being manufactured in a run of 300"

http://www.rappcats....-rock-konducta/

"...he and the rapper formerly known as Mos Def have been discussing a trip to Zambia to record a collaborative album."

WHAT!?!

ZAMLIB BEY ?

Whoever will be at the SF show, hit me up direct about copping that wax for me and you will be handsomely compensated.

*reaches for inhaler*

*is not even asthmatic*

holy shit, who woulda thunk it. Would also love to cop one... dope art, sounds pretty good. 4 other tracks on the 7"

If you look close at the sleeve it also says "from the forthcoming album Rock Konducta"

holy, what movie is that 'africa is far' clip from?

you know

its from the Hype Williams Classic " BELLY"

check it out.

track sounds pretty good, like YNQH said its got the New Orleans Second line feel to it (rip soulja slim/free c murder)

i felt kinda bad i had to hit my boy up who lives in berkely who i hadnt spoke to in a long time to tell him about the show, then tried to sneak in the fact that i really wanted him to get me one of those dam vinyls!!! he caught on quick tho

will there be a digital to this?

mad i left the bay!!!! fk texas nobody comes here

1 person likes this

m3 2???

SunnyMeadows maybe i can help ya

AWESOME.

It was my first time seeing Madlib live, he started off with the classics but toward the end he pretty much lost the majority of the crowd (energy level) because he was doing some live beat making but it was real choppy (pun). I was dead tired so maybe that's why I wasn't feelin it as much as I usually do, and my homegirl was baked damn near falling asleep so we had to cut around 2:15am, not sure exactly what time he ended up finishing.

Disappointed I couldn't stay toward the end, I brought some stuff for him to sign but since I left I didn't get a chance to.

COOL

HOW DO THE OTHER 3 TRACKS SOUND ON THE VINYL?! WISH I COULDA GOT ONE :angry:

Wonder if there were any extras left and if they'll be hitting the online shop at all :(

Wonder if there were any extras left and if they'll be hitting the online shop at all :(

There was only 100 made in time for the show due to the record being extremely rushed. The others will be up for sale at some point soon.
1 person likes this

There was only 100 made in time for the show due to the record being extremely rushed. The others will be up for sale at some point soon.

In the ST store or over on Rappcats?

is there a gag order on these tracks? would love to here opinions....

COPPED!

Grabbed one for me and a friend. They have an e-mail newsletter you can subscribe to as well if you want to stay up to date on stuff (I don't check Rappcats that often).

Anyone notice the Paypal goes to Egon/Now Again? Seems like Egon stole Madlib away from ST lol

The sleeve to my copy opens like a folder and has to be in a plastic sleeve...are they all printed like that or was it just the first batch?