ST Bot

Homeboy Sandman

Really digging this record, love how much his sound changes from album to album. Interesting how he keeps getting Jonwayne beats. Wonder why after all these years he hasn't gotten a Madlib beat

• Like 1

yeah i love it. amazing production credits,

at first i thought i had a few too many guests on the chorus's etc but on second listen it all goes real well.

also love the guest spots on "the truth"

just kurious whistling and to have that line up on the end and then have them only doing the chorus is genius

fav track right now is god?

Solid all around. only track i wasn't feeling too much was 'God'

Same thought

lol how could anyone not like that "god" track

its just perfect like a lil blessing. and the beat is very smooov too

Anyone know what the deal is w/ the last track ––– "Speak the Truth" –– on Kindness for Weakness? Kurious and Aesop Rock are credited w/ features but, unless I'm missing something and/ or an idiot, they do not appear on the track …

Anyone know what the deal is w/ the last track ––– "Speak the Truth" –– on Kindness for Weakness? Kurious and Aesop Rock are credited w/ features but, unless I'm missing something and/ or an idiot, they do not appear on the track …

They are singing on the hook dude. If you listen to 'Gumshoe (Remix)' track he put out a few months ago he 'apologizes' for not just putting additional vocals on the album instead of featuring. Pretty clever line. btw 'Speak Truth' is my motherfucking jaaaaam!!!

• Like 1

good shit how did we miss this on the board?????????

just checked out the new quelle chris..... good shit first thing i thought was man he's derivative of boysand.....   but not in a bad way

why not more boysand/action bronson collabs??

• Like 1

Yeah I was happy he got on that new Quelle Chris, him, Sandman, and Jonwayne are on the same kinda vibes.Hopefully new Sandman stuff is in the works, still bummed we didn't get a download for the Bus track above. Maybe it will be on the new record.

There's supposedly another Boy Sand album dropping like in a few weeks I thought. Apparently the tour got canceled though that was going to coincide with the release. 

This video had me buggin. Had to watch it like three times to see what the director was doing.

• Like 2

anybody know wat kiks he rockin in the clarity vid?

dude stones throw.  yall need to get it together with the online store. 

1.  y can't i pay with paypal?????????????
  2. y can't i buy flac??????????  u trying to get people to pirate?
  3. like, i seriously can't DL this shit with paypal???
  • Like 1

i'm ready to throw my money at yall like a drunken fool but i have to go find my wallet and pants first to get my credit cards and read the numbers in my dark ass room all blurry eyed and drunk.  nah.  i'll wait till it's on bleep or something to buy with paypal

EDIT ok it's on bleep already so i just bought it there lol my bad

15 hours ago, Grifty said:

dude stones throw.  yall need to get it together with the online store. 

1.  y can't i pay with paypal?????????????
  2. y can't i buy flac??????????  u trying to get people to pirate?
  3. like, i seriously can't DL this shit with paypal???

This a billion times. 

Would be sweet if ST would upgrade to 21st century lol. Happy that Drip exists for Flacs, but their whole back catalog that's available digitally should be up for purchase in lossless too in my opinion. Ready to throw more money at ST when this day happens (if it does)

Paypal I can see them maybe not wanting to use since they would incur fees, but the convenience of it may convince people to buy more stuff too I think

Listened to this new one a couple times. First listen I was a little underwhelmed with the beats, but I'm digging it a bit more now. The music vid song is my favorite off this one. 

I think his quote sums up this one pretty good

“On my last couple of albums I challenged myself with regard to formats, trying to push the envelope as far as what exactly constitutes a rap record. ‘Talking (Bleep)’ and ‘Problems’were my last two lead singles, both markedly unconventional. I adore both of those songs and I adore both of those albums specifically for the new creative fulfillment I enjoyed while making them. There's much more of that to come, but after spending 3 years outside of the box I was left with a burning desire to just fuckin rhyme. That's Veins." 

had no idea stone's throw had a bandcamp!!

• Like 2

Veins wax came in the mail today. Kind of surprised the download cards aren't being included with this release. Is this going to be something we should expect with all the vinyls from here on out?

• Like 1

Dang that is a bummer. These should come with lossless imo, I'd still be buying stuff on wax if that were the case!