ST Bot

Homeboy Sandman

Yah, feelin the production. Who is on the beats?

Lots of different cats.

Listened to the snippets and didn't feel it. Then again I didn't really like his debut EP on Stones Throw, but that grew on me and boy, it's dope. I doubt it's much different with this one. I gotta check it.

Both ep's are dope. Love the miracle and soap on the first and the paul white tracks along with the exile one on chimera. All solid tracks though. Ill rhyme scheme

Feeling the new video for 'Hold Your Head'.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Concept is ill as hell....so glad that there are some emcees out there, rhyming about 'other' things, other concepts, other ideas...just other topics in general...

And...this dude's Promotional/Hustle game is sick!!!! There was/is no way in the world that you lived in NY...followed Underground Hip-Hop...and did not hear of this man....crazy concepts....beats are tight (although Sandman on a Lib track would shut shit down!!!!)...glad he is doing his thing!!!!!

Props to ST!

http://flowmontana.podomatic.com

http://soundcloud.com/fm71

'everyday is 420...'

Just wanted to note my appreciation of the Chimera EP. So dope! The producers sold me originally, but since getting the record in the mail last week and playing it a hundred times, the raps convinced me. I mean the production and raps are both incredible. Excellent music. Top shelf gold dope material. Thanks to all involved.

...oh and it's gotta be said: the sleeve design is 2nd to none. Best shine, literally, on an emcee/lyrics that I've ever seen captured in the sleeve design.

To be honest this was my first song I actually listened to by him and I listened to those 30 second snipets on the ST main page and I like this guy.

• Like 1

I enjoyed The Good Sun, the snippets are sounding really good.

How did the song from this video not make the album though!?!?!

I've been wanting to hear a full version of this since the video came out, thought it would be on the first album :(

Edit: Well shit, googled and I guess it was released last month on a mixtape

http://soundcloud.co...homeboy-sandman

• Like 1

How come there are no comments on the new album? This sh*t is nice. Each album by him is getting and getting better. Great production as well.

How come there are no comments on the new album? This sh*t is nice. Each album by him is getting and getting better. Great production as well.

The lack of comment isn't restricted to Homeboy. Pretty much everything the label has been putting out for the past year has been received with crickets here on the boards.

I will definitely have to agree with you though. This album is very very nice. And I also I have to second your opinion on the growth we've witnessed in the past 10 months. Two EPs and one full length album, with only one song appearing on more than one release, is what I call putting in work. Props to Sandman for taking the opportunity of getting signed by a label like ST to make some nice moves.

Sandman is continuing his "OUT NOW" bonus track tradition and we'll have the new one tomorrow, 9/18.

Finally had a chance to listen to the whole album.....

And yes...I agree with everyone that has stated that he is improving with each release....

Great album.... it's light...funny...personal....not the same ol' subject matter (no pun intended) that other artists are saying...

I have a few qualms here and there (some of the hooks are a bit 'too' basic...like he's not even trying....some of the beats work...some don't...etc...)

But overall...a great listen...

And a great debut album…

Happy for this dude... He's been on the NYC underground scene for a minute...

http://soundcloud.com/fm71 - No $ - No Toke!!!!

And a great debut album…

It's his fourth album, after "Nourishment (Second Helpings)," "Actual Factual Pterodactyl," and the "Good Sun."

I really dig this album though. Definitely his best so far.

It's his fourth album, after "Nourishment (Second Helpings)," "Actual Factual Pterodactyl," and the "Good Sun."

I really dig this album though. Definitely his best so far.

My bad....'debut' as in...first full release...with a Label...not an EP..or mixtape....

Thanks for the clarification.....

My bad....'debut' as in...first full release...with a Label...not an EP..or mixtape....

Didn't Good Sun get an official release. I remember seeing vinyl for it and everything.

Didn't Good Sun get an official release. I remember seeing vinyl for it and everything.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hahahhahahahahahahhahahahaha.....

You're right Sunny...let me try again.....

It's a good look for a first 'full' release on Stones Throw...

Whew....

A decent release. I dig the cat's style, but the production was hit and miss.