Wow just seeing this news. It's actually been a crazy day for me in a not so good way. This was a massively welcome surprise to end today on a good note.

I hope there's a UK site to preorder from as I don't want to fork out the inflated postage costs from the US nowadays.

• Like 1

This is great news!! Nautical Depth is pretty dope. Though I'm not a fan of Esoteric, it's exciting to get a new collab album with DOOM. It sounds like there's plenty of verses from him from the Amazon snippets, along with some dope beats. Who knows, we might get a whole 5 minutes of DOOM verses lol! Super stoked though!

• Like 1

They took the snippets down. Did get a chance to hear them beforehand though. Sounds decent but always hard to get a good idea from snippets. Preordered from Getondown. Couldn't find a UK based seller & think they are the only way to buy so far. Feels unreal that we are getting this record. When Ka-Bang! came out I thought at the time that they should all do a full album together.

It looks like DOOM's full verse from Nautical Depth was released or leaked by someone. And it's a different mix with his vocals more upfront: 

And another new mask, this time camo!

• Like 2

Maybe someone could rip this from YouTube in case it is a leak. I'd do it myself but on mobile atm. Loving the extra rhymes on this.

2 hours ago, mrvaughn said:

Maybe someone could rip this from YouTube in case it is a leak. I'd do it myself but on mobile atm. Loving the extra rhymes on this.

I grabbed the .flac bruh

• Thanks 1

That version is from DOOM's own soundcloud. Ain't this new also?

edit: oh I guess this is similarly longer version of DOOM's verse from 2Stings with Westside Gunn.

• Like 1

The Redux features many of the star players from the original album, including Ice-T, Jean Grae, the late Guru, Planet Asia, Biz Markie, DOOM, EPMD’s Erick Sermon and Chubb Rock.

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.44863/title.prince-paul-announces-politics-of-the-business-revamp-with-lost-de-la-soul-single#

https://princepaul1.bandcamp.com/album/the-redux-free-pay-0-for-promotion-only

Someone elsewhere was asking how much Madvillain sold to date. I know that there is only initial sales figures available, but would also like to know this updated info 🤔

STBot are you able to provide that info at all?

Just finished listening to Bishop Nehru's Elevators. Overall a really great project. Think he's maybe come good on his early promise on this album.

DOOM production on point. 'Tazers' is a new beat and is great.  

'Again & Again' is an unused beat that I think might have been called Black Kings (but maybe not, maybe on 'Hidden Herbs'). But it been updated and added to, and made muuuch better. Great track again.

Potassium is a new production and works really well. I recognise the sample but it's been worked to where I can't really place it. 3/3 so for DOOM.

Rollercoasting. Reused production, can't remember the name but it's been on Masta Ace's Son of Yvonne. Didn't like what Ace did with it. Do like what Bishop did with it so I feel it works well here.

Rooftops as you know was released on a J.Rocc show a while back. Really like this track too.

Kaytradana tracks are all great as well. Overall feeling an 8.5 on this album. 31 mins long so pretty short. Less filler. Well done Bishop...I know you'll be lurking on these sites 👍

On 3/16/2018 at 1:13 PM, mrvaughn said:

Guy on Reddit has the vinyl of the Czarface record already. It's coming.

Damn I'm jealous. Wish the dude could rip/leak it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, imail724 said:

Damn I'm jealous. Wish the dude could rip/leak it.

Haha, yeah me too. Bit weird it seemed he'd only skimmed through it a bit. Couldn't even give a good sense of how decent it is. Although that has kinda added to the anticipation for me!

It's a bank holiday on the 30th anyway, so i'll have the whole day to listen to it a few times which is great 👍

Have to say that, while there are a couple of tracks I like, this is a disappointment as a project overall. Think DOOM has fallen off a bit, and that's said as a huge fan as you all know. Still my '99-'09 Goat though 🐐 Just gonna find it hard to get hype for future releases.

Too many re-releases and merchandise cash grabs, half hearted projects and lazy delivery in the past few years. He's kinda become the underground version of Uncle Snoop. Sad times 😔

4 hours ago, mrvaughn said:

Have to say that, while there are a couple of tracks I like, this is a disappointment as a project overall. Think DOOM has fallen off a bit, and that's said as a huge fan as you all know. Still my '99-'09 Goat though 🐐 Just gonna find it hard to get hype for future releases.

I can see DOOM's vocal performance contributing to this partially. His pronunciation can get really slurry and therefore sound messy.

I just found a better quality stream on YouTube than the one I was listening to on a website. Damn, it was a muuuch better listen. Think I might have spoken too soon. You might have been right Imail...I should have kept faith in the Vill 😂👍

I'm glad. I saw both you and Mach very pleased with it and wondered what it was I wasn't hearing.

8 hours ago, mrvaughn said:

Think I might have spoken too soon...

Based on experience, I think you have to give any new record a few spins before opining. I remember I'm pretty sure it was on these here boards people saying "what is this?" when Born Like This first dropped. Everyone talks about instant classics, but there is a lot that comes out of multiple listens...

That being said, I've only listened to a few tracks off the record and I am digging them a lot so far. On my way out now to hear it complete with headphones.