mrvaughn

DOOM

2 hours ago, imail724 said:

Knew you'd come around, my man. Proud of you!

Listened to the leak a ton of time leading up to the release date and since getting the vinyl on Friday I haven't stopped spinning it. I liked it a lot at first, but it grew on me too. I can easily say I love the album now.

Thanks, got there in the end 😉 Yeah same here, couple times a day so far. A welcome addition to the DOOM canon. So much detail going on in the instrumentation of each track too. 

On 3/31/2018 at 4:50 AM, mrvaughn said:

Sorry for the quote. Can't figure out how to get rid of this on mobile.

Anyone know who made the beat for Lively Hood? Sounds like DOOM but I'm not sure.

5 hours ago, imail724 said:

Anyone know who made the beat for Lively Hood? Sounds like DOOM but I'm not sure.

DOOM yes.

• Like 1

Yeah DOOM for Lively Hood.

That GibbsxDOOM pic is from 2012 but seems like this new track is called Mortal Kombat. I guess it just means the usual emailed verse, rather than both in the studio together (which I guess is what they were tying to convey with this misleading pic)

If you're looking for new DOOMbeats, and some you might have heard before, there are a few on Bishop Nehru's latest album:

I know Insomnia is a dead label, so VV2 would be a stretch for re-release. But is Sound-Ink still operating?

Although, you’d think VV2 could be bought by some other label to release but I wonder just how much interest/sales would come of it. Poorly rated (not by me) album so maybe just too much of a risk.

Really like that YOTA track. 3 verse track in 2018? Clear vocals too? More of this type of thing please.

2 hours ago, mrvaughn said:

Really like that YOTA track. 3 verse track in 2018? Clear vocals too? More of this type of thing please.

It's funny that clear vocals is one of our criterion now. What the fuck happened to the music industry.

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2018 at 2:27 AM, mrvaughn said:

Wonder if this will be just a track or several songs. Could we possibly be getting another full-length so soon after the Czarface record?

1 hour ago, imail724 said:

Wonder if this will be just a track or several songs. Could we possibly be getting another full-length so soon after the Czarface record?

Someone over on the other place posted a while back that he met Muggs after a show. Apparently he said it’s two tracks. One with Kool G Rap and the other with Freddie Gibbs. Prob sounds about right. Would love it to be an EP or LP though.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 3:07 PM, mrvaughn said:

Someone over on the other place posted a while back that he met Muggs after a show. Apparently he said it’s two tracks. One with Kool G Rap and the other with Freddie Gibbs. Prob sounds about right. Would love it to be an EP or LP though.

Dude was right, it's 2 tracks, one with Gibbs and the other with G Rap: https://soulassassins.com/products/muggs-x-doom-limited-edition-12-double-vinyl-red

Bummed it's only two tracks but excited to hear DOOM with both of them cats over Muggs production!

3 hours ago, Machiventa said:

Dude was right, it's 2 tracks, one with Gibbs and the other with G Rap: https://soulassassins.com/products/muggs-x-doom-limited-edition-12-double-vinyl-red

Bummed it's only two tracks but excited to hear DOOM with both of them cats over Muggs production!

Yeah me too. The price of the vinyl packages though! Shocking. I’m done being squeezed for being a fan.

muggsdoom-red.jpg

rappcats edition. 300 copies. i'm debating buying a $50 12-inch (+ shipping). fuck you rappcats. 

also, what's the deal on this full album due on aug 3rd? DOOM isn't featured on every track of that, is he?

2 hours ago, SwampThing said:

rappcats edition. 300 copies. i'm debating buying a $50 12-inch (+ shipping). fuck you rappcats. 

also, what's the deal on this full album due on aug 3rd? DOOM isn't featured on every track of that, is he?

Highway robbery at its finest, man. If they made more copies and sold it for $20-$25, then yeah, who wouldn't cop it, but $50  for two tracks? Come on. Artwork and tracks are dope, but damn. I'm also debating whether to buy a copy. The way I see it is; you either buy it for $50+ now, or be charged an insane amount by some one who's looking to flip it due to limited copies.

As for the album, no, DOOM will not be featured in every track. It's a compilation album; production by DJ Muggs and various artists spitting over them tracks.

To quote Rappcats: "The album will be released as individual chapters with various MC’s."

lol, $50. Remember when they did Hit + Run 2LPs for like $30-40 😐

Track is pretty sweet though

fifty bucks why so villain? I'm debating listening to the tracks I'm not sure i can have my cash back.

Anyone heard the track on the flip side with Kool G Rap or do we have to wait until the 12" gets a proper release?

While there's some bitching going on here about the cost of this music, I gotta say one thing I like is how DOOM has worked with some of the greatest names in hip hop, like here with Muggs and G Rap, Wu Tang, Big Daddy Kane, De La Soul, Kool Keith, Del tha Funkee Homosapien, etc. and new up and coming dudes too.

Peace.

I was going to say you could view it as an art piece purchase you hang up on your wall, but now I'm not sure since you can't decide the print.

9 hours ago, nervous said:

Anyone heard the track on the flip side with Kool G Rap or do we have to wait until the 12" gets a proper release?

The digital will be released on June 29th

When was the last time DOOM actually appeared, in person, in a video? Guv'nor? Feel like the last bunch of videos have all been animated.

6 hours ago, imail724 said:

When was the last time DOOM actually appeared, in person, in a video? Guv'nor? Feel like the last bunch of videos have all been animated.

Might be because he's stuck in UK I think, funny enough that was around the time he got kicked out of America I think