Looks like the supervillain lost his son today. Broke my heart to hear. Condolences to the Dumile family

• Sad 4

Yeah those pics were from a magazine article a few years ago. A few pics of them with RC cars. I wondered if it was that kid as that's the only one I've seen. Only 14. So sad. He's had a couple real heartbreaking losses.

yeah could not believe this. can't imagine what he's going through, gotta wonder how it happened. DOOM must be/have been a real fun dad. i kept thinking about those pictures above, too. only time i recall seeing photos of the kid

1 hour ago, mrvaughn said:

Whoa wtf? :ohmy: Where did you hear that? That's a real shame man. So sad to hear this. What a horrible thing to have to go through.

Very sad, I wonder if the family has been going through some stuff for awhile with this. Might explain some of the weird DOOM stuff recently, I can see why he might not have wanted to keep sending Adult Swim shit if he's dealing with a sick kid. 

His daughter has cerebral palsy too. Must make things difficult to juggle the music and real life. Wonder if his son had a life long issue or something happened suddenly. 

How do your kids influence you in terms of making music? Do they put you up on things they're listening to?

That's another good question. I got a son who's in high school, I got a son who's just going into kindergarten, and a daughter who's just learning to walk. I get a wide range of reactions to guage. They are always involved in it at some level, whether it's my daughter--'cause if she's going to sleep, there's only certain kinds of music that I can play to keep her calm. My son is the second in succession going up in age, five years old, and he loves music. When I'm programming, he's always coming in the room; he wants to do my album. It's to the point where I have to make him my assistant. So really, he's my second set of ears, and he listens to it as it's being made and sees the process. And I'll just look over at him and guage his reactions. Certain things, he'll be like, "Turn it off, that's wack." And I'll be like, "What do you know about 'wack'?" I use the terminology without really hearing myself, and he'll tap into it.

Then my oldest son, he's in the eleventh grade. He was born around the time of Black Bastards. He's been with me through the whole thing, seen all the records. He's more laid-back; he's not so up-front musically. He more draws and paints and stuff like that. But he enjoys music. Sometimes, I check his iPod out to see what he's fucking with.

Between all three of the ages, that's like my guage, really, as well as my own ear.

DOOM in WaxPoetics, 2008.

• Like 3

On 12/19/2017 at 7:54 AM, GTAsoldier said:

RIP King Malachi Ezekiel Dumile. :(

Read this today, not sure if it's legit as haven't heard or read anything anywhere else. 

DOOM and Kane both, I'm sure they are dedicated dads. DAMN!

Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 3.02.06 PM.png

• Like 1

I havent logged on here in a minute, forgot my password, thankfully my laptop remembered it.

Just want to say this was crushing news, I've got two sons and the thought of losing either of them is unimaginable.

Much condolences to the Dumile family

On 12/16/2017 at 3:00 PM, SouloHoe said:

it's credited on YouTube as the Four-Tet remix...

Power 106 put up a 20 min 'discover the samples' YT video on DOOM & it got immediately blocked due to sample issues. Habit of a lifetime 😂

This is good I like it. I like the odd vocal sample. This track kinda reminds me of Owl or Masquatch. Kinda in that lane for me on the first few listens.

Holy shit! CZARFACE x DOOM album coming out next month!

Esoteric is probably my second favorite rapper after DOOM so this is huge!