This piece is old at this point, but don't think it has been shared here? Jneiro Jarel giving short descriptions of the JJ DOOM album and Bookhead EP, working with DOOM: https://daily.bandcamp.com/2017/06/14/jneiro-jarel-guide

JJ DOOM

"DOOM and I were in Beverly Hills and used to live in a compound; I had my section, he had his section. But when it came to recording, me and him would sit up for hours and hours talking about music, like ’90s hip-hop, all the Portishead stuff and all the Radiohead connections, ’cause he didn’t know anything about those artists; he didn’t know who Thom Yorke was, he didn’t know who Beth Gibbons was, he didn’t know who Massive Attack was, and I came from a lot of that. So we had these meetings where I schooled him on other types of music that I felt me and him should get involved with.

So all that stuff you hear [on Keys To The Kuffs] with him being open to that; it had a lot to do with educating him on those artists. When we started recording, he had to understand it. But DOOM couldn’t care less, man! [Laughs] People do not understand. He could not care less. But that’s how he works, and you’ve got to respect it. We know DOOM as a villain—a very kind one—but he’s a villain, man."

Bookhead EP

"The Bookhead EP is awesome and I’m glad people were down to remix it. I think it stands the test of time. But with DOOM, man, you’ve got to juice it ’cause it’s hard to get him to do more music!

Working with DOOM is like… Well, you can’t get in the studio and think what you’d typically expect when you work with someone. Normally you’d say, ‘Let’s get in the studio, I’m free from this time to that time, I got a song I’d like to show to you and let’s see what we can do.’ Then they show up, they do it, and it’s much love until the next time.

But with DOOM, you can say whatever time you want. He’ll say, ‘Word, word, word,’ but that doesn’t mean he’ll be there. So I had to learn how to juggle around that way of working with him. DOOM’s definitely on his own time, and on a clock that no one else has. Once I learned that, everything was fine. DOOM’s different, he’s unorthodox, he’s an alien."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, soulREBEL360 said:

I hope Madlib read that article.  Sounds like Jneiro found the formula.

Shit Madlib is the same way. Probably why MV2 has taken so long to materialize.

lol i never knew who massive attack was (still haven't really ever listened to them) but who tf doesn't know who radiohead is?

Hey remember back in the day when we thought we were gonna be getting a new DOOM track every week for like 4 months straight? Miss those days...

• Like 2

On 10/30/2017 at 7:03 AM, nervous said:

Really think he didn't know Massive Attack? The others maybe.

I believe it.

On 31-10-2017 at 6:28 AM, Grifty said:

lol i never knew who massive attack was (still haven't really ever listened to them) but who tf doesn't know who radiohead is?

not everbody listing to white boy hipster music

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

broking, just smoke some strong ass shhit and listen to in rainbows or hail to the thief.  radiohead is stoner music imo

wtf has doom done to get sued???

• Like 2

wtffffffffffffff

Seen those earlier today. Great stuff. Good to see those pics 👍

Anyone see this was upped recently:

Different beat to the other tape most may be familiar with. Love it. More complex than the first beat.

On 11/19/2017 at 10:57 AM, mrvaughn said:

Seen those earlier today. Great stuff. Good to see those pics 👍

Anyone see this was upped recently:

Different beat to the other tape most may be familiar with. Love it. More complex than the first beat.

This isn't even a beat lol, just a straight rip/loop from Flight to Brazil. Check out track #7 Fortaleza @ 5:00 spot. Even has Madlib's watermark

Doomposter back at it again

I always liked the Rhinestone cowboy version of this one, and now I know why: 

When MF DOOM was presented with the Four Tet remixes, he sampled an interlude from the set, creating a new beat, and recorded a new rap track of “Rhinestone Cowboy,” effectively remixing the remix.

I like this new edition — cool cover too, Jeff Jank pixels serie continue!

• Like 1

Drake showin love to DOOM. Calling him the GOAT (incase anybody missed or for some reason can't see the emoji)