Man, this is some fucking great news! That new Sean P collab is dope.

I (and most other people) have been fiendin for a substantial amount of new DOOM for a long ass time now. Although his guest spots from the last few years practically add up to a full album's worth, or more. I just hope this release is all new material, or at least mostly unreleased stuff. And if any of it is, I guess I can't complain about a (free) new project from DOOM!

Can't wait til August 16th!

Does anyone else get slightly disappointed every time he releases something and it's credited to just DOOM, not MF DOOM?

5 hours ago, SwampThing said:

lmao the "concept" here is a little thin.

I'm not even buying the concept yet. Can't be certain but I think it's unlikely the rhymes are from some notebooks left in LA. His wife and family were still in the US so they could have easily been shipped over...or even scanned and sent as PDF. I think it's more than likely that they needed a 'hook' as a broad theme and this is it. Could be way off base though, lol.

Seems like Light Years will be the track released tomorrow. I thought this would be one of the tracks released.

Did get me thinking though...I wonder what other 'out but not really out' tracks we will get. I personally hope that the track JRocc played with the Archie & Meathead line shows up. Regardless of the issues involved in releasing that. Untitled ft. MED or Travis911, Original DOOMsayer are another few I can think of off the top.

What do you guys want to see?

Damn. If they had to release songs we already heard it would have been nice if they at least waited a few weeks. Give us a handful of new ones to hold us over for a bit. I'm really not a fan of this trickle-out week by week release strategy.

Yeah but then there's this...

https://massappeal.com/mf-doom-adult-swim-missing-notebook-rhymes-behind-the-scenes/

New DOOM, Vik and hopefully some Geedorah if we are lucky.

But....

It's strange that one of the tracks found in the data is called 'DOOM ft. Jason Marco - It's all a lie'. Jason Marco is the Adult Swim head honcho featured in this interview...Could it be that there's a big surprise coming and this is all a ruse?

wow, what the fuck guys. THIS goddamn track finally comes out officially and it's... the first KMD single? CRACK IN TIME?! WHAT? REALLY hope this is the start of another wave of cockteasing about albums that never come out. gotta give the track a few more listens.

i mean, we've been here before but that behind-the-scenes article has some very promising hype in there

Weird that they cut the 'your girlfriends armpit darn it...I promise' line out at the end from the leaked version. I thought it was better left in tbh.

How...odd. Yeah I don't get the KMD connection when it's not even Zev Love X. Hm.

I'm hoping for full DOOM solo tracks, and I'd be interested to hear what Vik rhymes about.

Was just gonna post that imail lol.

4444: I think maybe the 5%er theme of the track may indicate a biographical album, narrated by DOOM, considering the history of KMD and Dr M York etc. Just what came to mind first.

http://www.adultswim.com/music/singles-2017/14

here it is if you haven't heard it.  i hadn't; my gut was that jay killed the track... man that dude can spit, his rhythms are insane. doom has some great lines tho.  is this not one of the hidden notebook rhymes??  this is just an adult swim single??

Feel doubly duped... How can it be released twice the same day as part of two different compilations?

And how is this "realer" than the (same) track that came out last year, officially or unofficially?

Listening to Black Bastards today, lol. It's the deluxe edition on Spotify...Is it just me or is this version a lot better? Seems like the vocals are much cleaner and clearer 🤔

Man AdultSwim is doing some good things with their music relation. I have this lil hope they'll drop this doom-project for free when It's complete ;-)

• Like 2

Either a DOOMStarks track, or Untitled ft. MED...Possibly even DOOMsayer.

95% chance all of those guesses are wrong though 😂

beat has a classic doom vibe but leaves a little to be desired. DOOM on point as per usual, nice to get a track where it's just him

Aww yes. Same lyrics, but less adlibs when compared to the remix I think.

Kinda like how the Alchemist beat gives the track a more lowkey vibe and gives room for DOOM's vocals. Solid.