Grifty    812
On 6/23/2017 at 6:22 PM, Jubito said:

Just a random thought....this remix has always been one of my favorites, not just from DOOM but all time, the beat and lyrics fit so perfectly

me2

mrvaughn    134
22 hours ago, Machiventa said:

Alright I finally gave it a shot after making an acapella to hear some parts I never could make out clearly:

Listerine green jars, sick cleans jalla be a emma
Thick queens, mamma mia robs jalapeno peppers
Click mean large, brick seen mirage is ours
Quick mean cause, strict deen Allah
Make your quota, check your clock shock taqua
Concoct the potion, blue liner lotion, call it aqua
Tock you on watch, sure ahk- salaat tirakat
Four to roll in extorter mode, loose spot too hot
Here you go ma, for you boo, that's coco mango
She let her hang go, her man said "yo no tango"
Bangles jangle, no gangs is tranquil
Blank grill, real shank steel, bankroll ankle
F to the N and R, two thiefs are bummin a car
But never had no beef so Alhamdulillah
Inshallah any duties, top grillers, no Mercedes sign
Bubble nuggets with the ruby, Cop Killer 89
On a line on the third like loop on
Word is a bond that's honored, don shukran
Afwan, ram de ek daan
Livin sunnah of the prophet Muhammad, alahi salaam

https://genius.com/The-union-coco-mango-lyrics

Nicely done. I'd say that would be the most difficult verse to transcribe.

• Like 1

mrvaughn    134

Literally never heard this till today...Was DOOMs lyric lifted from elsewhere or original? Can't say I recognise it to be honest.

nervous    125

Don't think those lines have been used anywhere else but at the same time it's just a hook on repeat, not a proper verse... Good lookin' out nonetheless, Mr Vaughn.

mrvaughn    134

👍

Yeah I think it's new lyrics too, but there's no original version available, only this remix that they added DOOM to. Interesting one to add to the list. Wonder how many ultra rarities that none of us are aware of exist. Got to be a couple out there.

4444    249

I can only think of two similar ones, or at least having unknown origins... The "Doom" aka "No Refunds" track on Think Differently Music's DOOM! compilation. I would've guessed it's Jake One produced Born Like This scrap, but the track is referencing Viktor Vaughn, and a YouTube link I found had been taken down by NatureSounds.

Second being this acapella played by J. Rocc

13:20. I posted it here before, nobody reacted so I assumed we quietly agreed it's most likely off that one certain project...

• Like 1

mrvaughn    134

Thought I'd share these two tracks with everyone. Had these digitally since around 2005 I think. The Melody remix is the best DOOM mash up I've heard.

James Frank.    1,294

that Melody remix is off-beat...nothing annoys me more than off-beat DOOM remixes.  his flow is like a metronome, the accents are too obvious for this many people to mess up lol.  i just don't get it, someone can have the dopest instrumental and still fuck it up because they started the verse like half a bar late and just said "eh, this sounds okay i guess".

anybody else agree?  it's literally off-tempo after the second bar of first verse; first bar of second verse.  it's so common to me i don't even give most DOOM remixes the time of day anymore...

nervous    125
1 hour ago, James Frank. said:

i just don't get it, someone can have the dopest instrumental and still fuck it up because they started the verse like half a bar late and just said "eh, this sounds okay i guess".

Mysterious vibes...

mrvaughn    134

http://www.factmag.com/2016/12/09/mf-doom-king-geedorah-weeks-solid-steel-mix/

Wondered if someone more tech minded that myself would mind cutting the Hassan Chop track 'Fresh Cutz' from this mix into an MP3? Would be greatly appreciated as I'm pretty rubbish with that sort of thing. Cool if not, thought this would be the best place to ask as it's a new DOOM beat.

Also regarding this mix, do you think the second beat in the Snake Charmer track is a DOOM beat also?

imail724    35

I just picked up Mm.. Food on vinyl and noticed One Beer and Potholderz are swapped. I know its an error because both the sleeve and the stickers on each record have them labeled correctly. Is this a known issue or did I just get a wacky copy?

4444    249
17 hours ago, imail724 said:

I just picked up Mm.. Food on vinyl and noticed One Beer and Potholderz are swapped. I know its an error because both the sleeve and the stickers on each record have them labeled correctly. Is this a known issue or did I just get a wacky copy?

Known 'feature' of the 2007 vinyl reissue, yes.

imail724    35
6 hours ago, 4444 said:

Known 'feature' of the 2007 vinyl reissue, yes.

As if replacing Kookies wasn't enough...

imail724    35

It doesn't seem like we can download the new track. Hopefully after the 15 weeks they release the whole thing on vinyl.

imail724    35

Assuming these really are 15 brand new/never heard tracks, I think its safe to consider this project the long-awaited follow up to Keys to the Kuffs.

mrvaughn    134

Yeah they'd have to capitalise on the money this could make. Do they still have the Williams St record label? If that was even the name.

First track is off Sean P new album out tomorrow. So technically not DOOM's track, which I'm not sure what to make of at the moment.

imail724    35
14 minutes ago, mrvaughn said:

First track is off Sean P new album out tomorrow. So technically not DOOM's track

Oh shit, really? So I wonder if this is just gonna basically be Unexpected Guests Part 2?

mrvaughn    134
7 minutes ago, imail724 said:

Oh shit, really? So I wonder if this is just gonna basically be Unexpected Guests Part 2?

Could be. But they've specified 'new' tracks so hopefully that's the case. Negus is technically a new track so it fits, as it's not released on P's new album till tomorrow.

I wonder if the new track with Jay Elec on their 2017 Singles list will release as part of both lists, or if it's another new track independent of this one 🤔

imail724    35

Adult Swim received a folder from DOOM called The Missing Notebook Rhymes today
containing 15 tracks. Each track is considered a "notebook" from a series consisting of music from his own upcoming albums as well as singles he is featured on, including one with Jay Electronica, from various projects by other artists. One notebook will be released per week over the course of the next 15 weeks. The first of which is titled "Negus" from Sean Price's forthcoming posthumous album titled Imperious Rex. Check the first song below and stay tuned for more details and new music weekly from The Missing Notebook Rhymes via Adult Swim.

...from a series consisting of music from his own upcoming albums...