Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, imail724 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't even count NehruvianDOOM as a full-on DOOM project, so really what you're saying is only DOOM's most recent album was below standard. Hard to say how the next one will sound, but I think the track record is pretty solid. Obviously my hope is yes he does have it in him, but it has been a long time.

For me I have to include NehruvianDOOM as it's labelled as a collaboration album, regardless of how it came about. DangerDOOM was a cash grab album and we all include that as a proper album, so I hold it to the same scrutiny. That's just me though.

He definitely has a great track record for sure. JJ DOOM was decent as I said, but it lacked a certain something special for me. I rate it under Born Like This...I do have confidence he can release a great album...But like most of us, I fiend for the '03-'04 DOOM where he had no mis-steps.

I've given up on new Madvillain, but the longer time goes on I wonder if DOOMStarks will ever come out. It worries me that he falls back on reissues or vinyl editions of releases that were only on CD or digital for his main source of revenue now. My hope is that he's getting those out of the way before releasing a bunch of great new material.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO doom's only classic record is madvillainy (actually vaudeville villain is close too). He's hot on certain tracks, sure, but altogether his records are not really my favorites to listen to. Don't get me wrong, he's easily one of my favorite rappers, but that doesn't necessarily equate to having the best albums. His wit, his raw skill, and charisma are what I love about doom. His albums have questionable beat choices and major pacing issues for me though.

 

With all that said, I definitely think he has it in him to make another classic

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Grifty said:

IMO doom's only classic record is madvillainy (actually vaudeville villain is close too). He's hot on certain tracks, sure, but altogether his records are not really my favorites to listen to. Don't get me wrong, he's easily one of my favorite rappers, but that doesn't necessarily equate to having the best albums. His wit, his raw skill, and charisma are what I love about doom. His albums have questionable beat choices and major pacing issues for me though.

 

With all that said, I definitely think he has it in him to make another classic

 so mm food and operation doomsday are not good ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2017 at 5:39 PM, GC90 said:

Missed my apartment office being open, so gotta wait till next week sadly. It would be weird if it was vinyl since I paid only like $12. We'll see I guess, will report back if I also got vinyl

Yep, got the vinyl lol. I'm probably the only one annoyed by this, I just want the CD to rip to flac. Will just toss this on Discogs or something like someone mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2017 at 7:27 PM, imail724 said:

So anybody else order the CD version of the DD reissue from Amazon, have it delayed about a week, then receive the vinyl version? No? Just me? On the one side, it's nice that I got the more expensive version for a much lower price, but unfortunately it came bent on the back. Just ordered another one so we'll see what I get this time.

 

On 5/13/2017 at 0:27 AM, GC90 said:

Mine is showing up tomorrow from Amazon, ordered the other night with prime. Dunno what the holdup is for imail

really odd, but a fortuitous error nonetheless.  I'd go straight to the source –– gasdrawls.com ––  in the future; there's a solid DD shirt bundled w/ the reissue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OfficeTime8889 said:

 

really odd, but a fortuitous error nonetheless.  I'd go straight to the source –– gasdrawls.com ––  in the future; there's a solid DD shirt bundled w/ the repress 

Gas Drawls says it can take 1-2 weeks to ship and is more expensive than UGHH -- https://shopify.undergroundhiphop.com/products/danger-doom-the-mouse-and-the-mask-official-metalface-version-cd Just bought it there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GC90 said:

Yep, got the vinyl lol. I'm probably the only one annoyed by this, I just want the CD to rip to flac. Will just toss this on Discogs or something like someone mentioned.

How much you want for it? I have a hard time dropping $34 on a record unless it's rare or something I have to have. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Old_Flowers said:

 so mm food and operation doomsday are not good ?

they aight.  they have some good songs.  but classics?  only to doom junkies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Machiventa said:

How much you want for it? I have a hard time dropping $34 on a record unless it's rare or something I have to have. 

Can't send you a PM, box might be full. I'll send it to ya for $20 shipped, pm me if you want it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2017 at 5:45 AM, Old_Flowers said:

 so mm food and operation doomsday are not good ?

King Geedorah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-21 at 8:43 PM, Grifty said:

they aight.  they have some good songs.  but classics?  only to doom junkies

oke you probably bump lil uzi vert 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just ordered my third (and last) copy of the Dangerdoom cd from Amazon. I spoke to someone who assured me I will receive the correct item this time, but I'm not convinced. But hey, they gave me a refund on both vinyls and let me keep them so no harm, no foul. We shall see tomorrow what shows up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno what happened there lol. Must be something up with my phone. Dunno if anyone noticed my comment over on Reddit where is responded 48 times with "it's the time machine that vik uses" Spammed the hell outta that thread, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, imail724 said:

Just ordered my third (and last) copy of the Dangerdoom cd from Amazon. I spoke to someone who assured me I will receive the correct item this time, but I'm not convinced. But hey, they gave me a refund on both vinyls and let me keep them so no harm, no foul. We shall see tomorrow what shows up.

Just keep doing it if so. Throw all of them on eBay/discogs and make some money off it. Especially if the price is up. Urging all thugs ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2017 at 1:02 PM, mrvaughn said:

Dunno what happened there lol. Must be something up with my phone. Dunno if anyone noticed my comment over on Reddit where is responded 48 times with "it's the time machine that vik uses" Spammed the hell outta that thread, lol

lol that was me who asked the question. I was wondering why there were 40 replies with the same answer. Figured it was a glitch.

But my question still remains: what the hell is that thing in Vik's hand? 
a03148fe28a498d8332d1797c775f753.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2017 at 3:05 PM, mrvaughn said:

Just keep doing it if so. Throw all of them on eBay/discogs and make some money off it. Especially if the price is up. Urging all thugs ;)

Finally...

Cmd1PbC.jpg

Hand for scale.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same thing happened to me... ordered the CD last week, and a vinyl copy has just arrived in the mail!!!  I don't own a record player anymore!!  DAMN!!   Just reordered through Amazon UK but the delivery time is apparently 2 weeks!!

Been waiting to bump this for weeks already and now possibly another two weeks to wait!!  Arrrggghhhhh!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else notice the back of the Dangerdoom cd is identical to the back of the vinyl? Meaning instead of having each track have just a number next to it, they have sides and numbers. Pretty lazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, imail724 said:

Anyone else notice the back of the Dangerdoom cd is identical to the back of the vinyl? Meaning instead of having each track have just a number next to it, they have sides and numbers. Pretty lazy.

i dont know have the cd ! but what i can see of the picture posted above. that the cd case is like a vinyl sleeve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2017 at 3:10 PM, Old_Flowers said:

i dont know have the cd ! but what i can see of the picture posted above. that the cd case is like a vinyl sleeve

Yup, pretty much identical, just smaller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep meaning to post this...Here's the chick who speaks on the NehruvianDOOM track Caskets. Not the same audio but nice to know who it is;

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adult Swim Singles 2017 includes "DOOM feat. Jay Electronica", perhaps the one played during DOOM's show, last year was it...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno why they didn't use the longer version of the instrumental to Lively Hood on the vocal track. Little change in the instrumental at 2:05 makes it more rounded in my opinion:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a random thought....this remix has always been one of my favorites, not just from DOOM but all time, the beat and lyrics fit so perfectly

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2012 at 3:17 PM, nervous said:

You'll get a gold medal when you put down the lyrics for Banished, Mach, and a double if you can get 'em out for Coco Mango.

Alright I finally gave it a shot after making an acapella to hear some parts I never could make out clearly:

Listerine green jars, sick cleans jalla be a emma
Thick queens, mamma mia robs jalapeno peppers
Click mean large, brick seen mirage is ours
Quick mean cause, strict deen Allah
Make your quota, check your clock shock taqua
Concoct the potion, blue liner lotion, call it aqua
Tock you on watch, sure ahk- salaat tirakat
Four to roll in extorter mode, loose spot too hot
Here you go ma, for you boo, that's coco mango
She let her hang go, her man said "yo no tango"
Bangles jangle, no gangs is tranquil
Blank grill, real shank steel, bankroll ankle
F to the N and R, two thiefs are bummin a car
But never had no beef so Alhamdulillah
Inshallah any duties, top grillers, no Mercedes sign
Bubble nuggets with the ruby, Cop Killer 89
On a line on the third like loop on
Word is a bond that's honored, don shukran
Afwan, ram de ek daan
Livin sunnah of the prophet Muhammad, alahi salaam

https://genius.com/The-union-coco-mango-lyrics

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now