mrvaughn

DOOM

2,240 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, imail724 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't even count NehruvianDOOM as a full-on DOOM project, so really what you're saying is only DOOM's most recent album was below standard. Hard to say how the next one will sound, but I think the track record is pretty solid. Obviously my hope is yes he does have it in him, but it has been a long time.

For me I have to include NehruvianDOOM as it's labelled as a collaboration album, regardless of how it came about. DangerDOOM was a cash grab album and we all include that as a proper album, so I hold it to the same scrutiny. That's just me though.

He definitely has a great track record for sure. JJ DOOM was decent as I said, but it lacked a certain something special for me. I rate it under Born Like This...I do have confidence he can release a great album...But like most of us, I fiend for the '03-'04 DOOM where he had no mis-steps.

I've given up on new Madvillain, but the longer time goes on I wonder if DOOMStarks will ever come out. It worries me that he falls back on reissues or vinyl editions of releases that were only on CD or digital for his main source of revenue now. My hope is that he's getting those out of the way before releasing a bunch of great new material.

IMO doom's only classic record is madvillainy (actually vaudeville villain is close too). He's hot on certain tracks, sure, but altogether his records are not really my favorites to listen to. Don't get me wrong, he's easily one of my favorite rappers, but that doesn't necessarily equate to having the best albums. His wit, his raw skill, and charisma are what I love about doom. His albums have questionable beat choices and major pacing issues for me though.

With all that said, I definitely think he has it in him to make another classic

15 hours ago, Grifty said:

IMO doom's only classic record is madvillainy (actually vaudeville villain is close too). He's hot on certain tracks, sure, but altogether his records are not really my favorites to listen to. Don't get me wrong, he's easily one of my favorite rappers, but that doesn't necessarily equate to having the best albums. His wit, his raw skill, and charisma are what I love about doom. His albums have questionable beat choices and major pacing issues for me though.

With all that said, I definitely think he has it in him to make another classic

so mm food and operation doomsday are not good ?

2 people like this

On 5/13/2017 at 5:39 PM, GC90 said:

Missed my apartment office being open, so gotta wait till next week sadly. It would be weird if it was vinyl since I paid only like $12. We'll see I guess, will report back if I also got vinyl

Yep, got the vinyl lol. I'm probably the only one annoyed by this, I just want the CD to rip to flac. Will just toss this on Discogs or something like someone mentioned.

On 5/11/2017 at 7:27 PM, imail724 said:

So anybody else order the CD version of the DD reissue from Amazon, have it delayed about a week, then receive the vinyl version? No? Just me? On the one side, it's nice that I got the more expensive version for a much lower price, but unfortunately it came bent on the back. Just ordered another one so we'll see what I get this time.

On 5/13/2017 at 0:27 AM, GC90 said:

Mine is showing up tomorrow from Amazon, ordered the other night with prime. Dunno what the holdup is for imail

really odd, but a fortuitous error nonetheless.  I'd go straight to the source –– gasdrawls.com ––  in the future; there's a solid DD shirt bundled w/ the repress 

1 hour ago, OfficeTime8889 said:

really odd, but a fortuitous error nonetheless.  I'd go straight to the source –– gasdrawls.com ––  in the future; there's a solid DD shirt bundled w/ the repress 

Gas Drawls says it can take 1-2 weeks to ship and is more expensive than UGHH -- https://shopify.undergroundhiphop.com/products/danger-doom-the-mouse-and-the-mask-official-metalface-version-cd Just bought it there.

17 hours ago, GC90 said:

Yep, got the vinyl lol. I'm probably the only one annoyed by this, I just want the CD to rip to flac. Will just toss this on Discogs or something like someone mentioned.

How much you want for it? I have a hard time dropping $34 on a record unless it's rare or something I have to have. 

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, Old_Flowers said:

they aight.  they have some good songs.  but classics?  only to doom junkies

7 hours ago, Machiventa said:

How much you want for it? I have a hard time dropping $34 on a record unless it's rare or something I have to have. 

Can't send you a PM, box might be full. I'll send it to ya for $20 shipped, pm me if you want it. 

On 5/21/2017 at 5:45 AM, Old_Flowers said:

King Geedorah?

On 2017-5-21 at 8:43 PM, Grifty said:

they aight.  they have some good songs.  but classics?  only to doom junkies

oke you probably bump lil uzi vert 

Just ordered my third (and last) copy of the Dangerdoom cd from Amazon. I spoke to someone who assured me I will receive the correct item this time, but I'm not convinced. But hey, they gave me a refund on both vinyls and let me keep them so no harm, no foul. We shall see tomorrow what shows up.

Dunno what happened there lol. Must be something up with my phone. Dunno if anyone noticed my comment over on Reddit where is responded 48 times with "it's the time machine that vik uses" Spammed the hell outta that thread, lol

1 hour ago, imail724 said:

Just ordered my third (and last) copy of the Dangerdoom cd from Amazon. I spoke to someone who assured me I will receive the correct item this time, but I'm not convinced. But hey, they gave me a refund on both vinyls and let me keep them so no harm, no foul. We shall see tomorrow what shows up.

Just keep doing it if so. Throw all of them on eBay/discogs and make some money off it. Especially if the price is up. Urging all thugs ;)

On 5/23/2017 at 1:02 PM, mrvaughn said:

Dunno what happened there lol. Must be something up with my phone. Dunno if anyone noticed my comment over on Reddit where is responded 48 times with "it's the time machine that vik uses" Spammed the hell outta that thread, lol

lol that was me who asked the question. I was wondering why there were 40 replies with the same answer. Figured it was a glitch.

But my question still remains: what the hell is that thing in Vik's hand? 
a03148fe28a498d8332d1797c775f753.jpg

On 5/23/2017 at 3:05 PM, mrvaughn said:

Just keep doing it if so. Throw all of them on eBay/discogs and make some money off it. Especially if the price is up. Urging all thugs ;)

Finally...

Cmd1PbC.jpg

Hand for scale.

1 person likes this

Same thing happened to me... ordered the CD last week, and a vinyl copy has just arrived in the mail!!!  I don't own a record player anymore!!  DAMN!!   Just reordered through Amazon UK but the delivery time is apparently 2 weeks!!

Been waiting to bump this for weeks already and now possibly another two weeks to wait!!  Arrrggghhhhh!!

Anyone else notice the back of the Dangerdoom cd is identical to the back of the vinyl? Meaning instead of having each track have just a number next to it, they have sides and numbers. Pretty lazy.

5 hours ago, imail724 said:

Anyone else notice the back of the Dangerdoom cd is identical to the back of the vinyl? Meaning instead of having each track have just a number next to it, they have sides and numbers. Pretty lazy.

i dont know have the cd ! but what i can see of the picture posted above. that the cd case is like a vinyl sleeve