mrvaughn

DOOM

2,240 posts in this topic

Dunno how I missed this diss track. Literally wasn't aware of this till 5 mins ago.

7 hours ago, nervous said:

Sort of find it hard to believe people are still using that sample from Thriller 35 years on... Digging this track nonetheless.

it will never die, just like the Amen break.  people 100 years from now will still be sampling it

Madvillain figure and avalanche arrived today. Had to go to post office to pay an extra £18 shipping costs. This happened with Mello music as well. They refunded me at the time. Gonna get on to rappcats about it. They don't pay the correct shipping to U.K. Seems to be a bigger problem if it's multiple labels not knowing what they are doing with it.

1 person likes this

So anybody receive their special editions of The Mouse and the Mask yet and willing to share the other new song? I preorded mine on Amazon weeks ago and just received an email stating it is expected to arrive next Wednesday...

Thanks 4444

Anyone got that Spokesman track yet? My vinyl hasn't arrived yet.

3 hours ago, mrvaughn said:

Thanks 4444

Anyone got that Spokesman track yet? My vinyl hasn't arrived yet.

On 5/5/2017 at 9:06 AM, imail724 said:

So anybody receive their special editions of The Mouse and the Mask yet and willing to share the other new song? I preorded mine on Amazon weeks ago and just received an email stating it is expected to arrive next Wednesday...

Hey guys, I just uploaded the track on YouTube. I'm surprised no-one had uploaded it yet. Here it is, straight from vinyl!

Track is amazing!

3 people like this

damn both bonus tracks are actually good? surprise twist

2 people like this

Yeah both tracks really good. Those plus the occult hymn tracks make this much more of a worthy reissue than the usual DOOM ones.

1 person likes this

I'll ask the important questions: are DOOM's vocals on ATHF still in lower quality in comparison to other tracks and does Basket Case still contain the Windows click sound?

1 person likes this

Hope it keeps the windows sound. Wouldn't be right without it now :)

1 person likes this

Damn Spokesman is dope as fuck! Wish DOOM's vocals were just a tad clearer and the horns were EQ'd a little differently to be less piercing. And of course I wish he had more verses, but I'm super happy to have 2 great bonus tracks.

Took a shot at the lyrics, any help would be appreciated:

[Verse 1]
A dollar and a dream
Want to build a [?] up, holler at your team
The only thing green was [???]
[???????]
Rather to eat a nice steak than rice cake
[???????]
On one, straight point fun
[????] don't hate the son
Get it, while the getting's good
In it for the cheddar
[??????]
Bet I could make a [?] goods
Instead I should took the sweaterhoods for the better good
Suede, paid programmin
And the jam played while we [laid low scammin?]
Party people say ho while he rhymed with the beat so erratic
Don't know how he timed-ed it

[Verse 2]
Before I was so rudely interrupted
About to say the beat how [?] was constructed
Knowin his duty, did it on purpose
Sped up the track so I could spit all nervous
Still spat that law flawless worth this
Motherfuckin villain at your service
Slipped 'em the word, he wouldn't jip 'em
Flipped 'em a bird, or have 'em addicted to the herb
I'm sippin on some slizzurp, slurred
Jerks in [?] better get what you deserved
Blurred!
He knows the route
Just keep breathin real slow in and out
That's when you get dizzy
Then close your eyes as the crew gets busy
But don't choke off that [weed?] he's smokin
And we broke off that celebrity spokesman

1 person likes this

Some guy on Reddit DOOM page said nature sounds had an Instagram up of a new 16 track 44 minute album called Lotalty with a track on it called Return of the Mask. Apparently it's down now. Could be BS, but worth mentioning.

6 hours ago, mrvaughn said:

Some guy on Reddit DOOM page said nature sounds had an Instagram up of a new 16 track 44 minute album called Lotalty with a track on it called Return of the Mask. Apparently it's down now. Could be BS, but worth mentioning.

Based on that info, I'd say it was about Masta Killa's upcoming Loyalty is Royalty album. At best the audio could've been a DOOM feature, but note the vague description of 'sounded similar to DOOM'.

18 hours ago, Machiventa said:

[Verse 1]

A dollar and a dream
[One up in the chamber], holler at your team
The only thing green was [machines for Christ sake]?
[???????]
Rather to eat a nice steak than rice cake
[Police state, increase the bait, at least wait]
On one, straight point fun
[Plate gone dunn none] don't hate the son
Get it, while the getting's good
In it for the cheddar
[??????]
Bet I could make a [?] goods
Instead I should took the sweaterhoods for the better good
Suede, paid programmin
And the jam played while we laid low scammin
Party people say ho while he rhymed with the beat so erratic
Don't know how he timed-ed it

[Verse 2]
Before I was so rudely interrupted
About to say the beat how [cruedly is] constructed
Knowin [this dude], did it on purpose
Sped up the track so I could spit [it] all nervous
Still spat that law flawless worth this?
Motherfuckin villain at your service
Slip 'em the word, [who whip em, drip 'em] Flip 'em a bird, or have 'em [dippin] to the herb?
I'm sippin on some sizzurp, slurred
[This] jerks in [? but his lipworks absurd]
Blurred!
He knows the route
Just keep breathin real slow in and out
That's when you get dizzy
Then close your eyes as the crew gets busy
But don't choke off that [weed?] he's smokin
And we broke off that celebrity spokesman

What I heard but I dunno, you're way more experienced in transcribing!

1 person likes this

So anybody else order the CD version of the DD reissue from Amazon, have it delayed about a week, then receive the vinyl version? No? Just me? On the one side, it's nice that I got the more expensive version for a much lower price, but unfortunately it came bent on the back. Just ordered another one so we'll see what I get this time.

Mine is showing up tomorrow from Amazon, ordered the other night with prime. Dunno what the holdup is for imail

Got my vinyl in the mail today. Package is decent. Weird there's no explicit mention of the actual name 'Occult Hymn' on the discs or the cover/reverse.

14 hours ago, GC90 said:

Mine is showing up tomorrow from Amazon, ordered the other night with prime. Dunno what the holdup is for imail

Did you end up with the cd or the vinyl? I ended up ordering a second copy, came today and sure as shit it was vinyl again (this time undamaged thankfully). I went back on Amazon just now to see if I could exchange it but now it says they're all out of cds. Maybe they never had them?

25 minutes ago, imail724 said:

Did you end up with the cd or the vinyl? I ended up ordering a second copy, came today and sure as shit it was vinyl again (this time undamaged thankfully). I went back on Amazon just now to see if I could exchange it but now it says they're all out of cds. Maybe they never had them?

Yeah seen you mention that on Reddit. Got the vinyl myself. Wouldn't surprise me if they never had them all along.

9 minutes ago, mrvaughn said:

Yeah seen you mention that on Reddit. Got the vinyl myself. Wouldn't surprise me if they never had them all along.

Did you order the vinyl or have the same mixup as I did? I spoke to an Amazon rep before to see if I could swap em and she said since there are none in stock I can just keep the vinyl and get a refund. So now I have two vinyl versions when all I ever wanted was a cd. Maybe I should buy a turntable lol.

did i miss this being posted? from 2014. FRESH looking gold mask.

the ideal DOOM interview features no interviewer. nice relaxed candid DOOM here. he drinks water every day. loves purple.

some WILD claims as usual though.

5 hours ago, imail724 said:

Missed my apartment office being open, so gotta wait till next week sadly. It would be weird if it was vinyl since I paid only like $12. We'll see I guess, will report back if I also got vinyl

"by the time you guys would have heard this interview, madvillain woulda already came out, it's done already, it's up to label when they put it out, that's you know, label stuff, sometimes the label causes a delay".....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, imail724 said:

Did you order the vinyl or have the same mixup as I did? I spoke to an Amazon rep before to see if I could swap em and she said since there are none in stock I can just keep the vinyl and get a refund. So now I have two vinyl versions when all I ever wanted was a cd. Maybe I should buy a turntable lol.

Ordered the vinyl itself. Hopefully if you get the cd you can just bang the vinyls on discogs and you'll have made money from it all :)

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Grifty said:

"by the time you guys would have heard this interview, madvillain woulda already came out, it's done already, it's up to label when they put it out, that's you know, label stuff, sometimes the label causes a delay"

lmao intense face-palming during that section. and this was right after that nehru record he was saying that.

The problem is he can continue to make money by rehashing old projects in a new package. And we keep buying the shit. He's grown lazy so this fits his M.O. now.

Next up: Mr Hood Metal Face Edition. Complete with Sambo Beanie Baby.

1 person likes this

Ok so a little talking point here...Do we think DOOM still has it in him to make another classic album?

Born Like This was his last album I felt was up to his standard. JJ DOOM was decent but didn't hit the same high points and NehruvianDOOM was subpar apart from a couple of really good tracks imo.

Rhyming wise there's been a lot of features recently. Some of these have been great (Iron Rose, Masking etc) but some others which lacked as many "Oh shit!!" moments as in the past.

My personal hope is that he's been taking his time, perfecting his stuff and the answer to my question is a 'yes'. But curious to hear what you guys think.

46 minutes ago, mrvaughn said:

Ok so a little talking point here...Do we think DOOM still has it in him to make another classic album?

Born Like This was his last album I felt was up to his standard. JJ DOOM was decent but didn't hit the same high points and NehruvianDOOM was subpar apart from a couple of really good tracks imo.

Rhyming wise there's been a lot of features recently. Some of these have been great (Iron Rose, Masking etc) but some others which lacked as many "Oh shit!!" moments as in the past.

My personal hope is that he's been taking his time, perfecting his stuff and the answer to my question is a 'yes'. But curious to hear what you guys think.

Honestly, I wouldn't even count NehruvianDOOM as a full-on DOOM project, so really what you're saying is only DOOM's most recent album was below standard. Hard to say how the next one will sound, but I think the track record is pretty solid. Obviously my hope is yes he does have it in him, but it has been a long time.