Guest Conner

Knxwledge

Listening to Hallways today, didn't realize Knxwledge did this beat, one of my favorites off that record

• Like 4

To be honest, what upsets/motivates me about KNX is he hears music in a way I don't.

No part of my being says, "Ambient pads." I just don't "get" it. Kinda like Dilla's electronic phase, or Madlib's brazillian stuff at first, Tribe after Midnight Marauders, Q-Tip on Amplified. But over time, I figured out what I didn't understand before about the music, and it furthered me along

I like it because he's got a couple years on me, let's me think somewhere down the line in my beatmaking, I'll figure something else out.

• Like 3

To be honest, what upsets/motivates me about KNX is he hears music in a way I don't.

No part of my being says, "Ambient pads." I just don't "get" it. Kinda like Dilla's electronic phase, or Madlib's brazillian stuff at first, Tribe after Midnight Marauders, Q-Tip on Amplified. But over time, I figured out what I didn't understand before about the music, and it furthered me along

I like it because he's got a couple years on me, let's me think somewhere down the line in my beatmaking, I'll figure something else out.

it feels amazing when you finally do come up with some way to make your beats stand out in comparison to everyone else's though. i have a few tricks up my sleeve that i use regularly, although i would rather not mention specifically what they are...but yeah -- Knx. has definitely built up a distinct formula that almost always ends with interesting-sounding beats, whether they're good or not.

• Like 1

What's your formula JF?

• Like 1

Coming out of my cave to say that I love Hud Dreems. Knx is the rap Rauschenberg. It's pretty much the beat tape I've always wanted, which is ironic because I wasn't even feelin the dude for some time.

• Like 2

Knx is the rap Rauschenberg.

you need to come up with these quotes in time for us to slap 'em on stickers & press releases

• Like 10

you need to come up with these quotes in time for us to slap 'em on stickers & press releases

Hook me up with some advance releases and I'll gladly provide my amateur copywriting services.

• Like 5

just got the vinyl in the mail today. Side D is incredible. Goes pretty far out there. Def elevates the whole album for me. Not that i wasn't already playing it on repeat.

• Like 1

damn i wish i could hear side D but my mthfkin record player is broke smh

I don't know whether to thank him for both making such solid beats AND furthering my crush on Lisa Bonet (Yep, I'm another one) or to make a beat in his honor. I couldn't stop listening to his and Dibia$e on GodsConnect YouTube channel. Next thing you know, I am checking his albums.

Lisa Bonet = Belle de Jour

Hexual Sealings 9.

Dope.

Work ethic? I feel like he's a beatmaking cyborg...

Listen, and understand! That Knxwledge is out there! He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are nodding your head.

btw I pre ordered the LP from hhv.de and now I get an email telling me delivery is delayed because the record label postponed the release. Whassupwitdatden? Has there been some production fuck-up? Do the European versions still get pressed up by PIAS? Or is it a case of hhv.de not pre-ordering enough copies to match demand?

Long and short of it - will I ever get my hands on that vinyl? STBot?

Hoping that won't happen with my Fat Beats order :(

Long and short of it - will I ever get my hands on that vinyl? STBot?

Haven't seen hhv's email, but no worries, there was no production fuck-up. We announced June 30 as our vinyl release date, and we're going to hit it. We had a hiccup in supply last week because of high demand for this record, but it looks like we're on track for June 30 just as we planned. (Many ST pre-orders have already been shipped and delivered.) Keep in mind, we're in the same city as our pressing plant and places overseas might end up with vinyl later due to the realities of shipping time.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reassurance STBot, dunno what those crazee germans were on about anyway, fedex tried to deliver the LP yesterday but I was out. Gonna be a looooong ass weekend till I get to hear side D.

On another note, what are the chances of ever seeing a vinyl pressing of Knx's Anthology? Needed!

Hi Bot, can you tell me if the Hud Dreems poster will be available through hhv.de?

On another note, what are the chances of ever seeing a vinyl pressing of Knx's Anthology? Needed!

chances are good

Hi Bot, can you tell me if the Hud Dreems poster will be available through hhv.de?

chances are slim

• Like 2

man, I might just be too drunk, but i swear this buttefly case is one step below a rubix cube

someone make one of those queer unboxing youtube videos so I don't break this shit

Yeah, I thought the same so I didn't even bother opening mine, I'm just happy listening to the dl while I'm waiting for the vinyl.

Looks cool on my shelf though.

• Like 1

I don't have one but I'm pretty sure its easier than it looks. Try just lifting up the clear case instead of trying to open the whole thing like a gate fold.

• Like 2

gc is that the way it goes down, this is like being locked out of your house

KNXCassette-Back.jpg?v=1374180905

it opens like a gatefold, I'm just embarrassed for myself honestly speaking, can't get this motherfucker open

this is a test of great musicianship obviously, only the righteous can open the Knx Anthology

• Like 1

Haha, I might have had trouble too if mine wasn't already sorta popped up a little from the mail. I'm a cassette noob, prob should have waited to pick this up on vinyl but also thinking it might not include every beat that's on this cassette possibly.

You've truly earned those Knx beats now!

• Like 1

i'm in, mufuggas

there needs to be a crazy mad scientist detonation button on this, just *click* and then 50 knx beats start playing out of thin air

Finally checked out the Side D of Hud Dreams, lots of sweet beats on there. In my opinion the normal version of the record is too short, so this helps a bit I think.

Finally got the record last week and listened to it for the first time. Pretty underwhelming. I could see myself wanting to listen to maybe 3 of these beats in the future. Those 2 they released early might be the best ones on the whole album.