Sign in to follow this  
Vilens

Now Again Records

So now again has a lot of dope stuff and i'm not sure where to start. i know that i'm looking for ore funky stuff than psych. for example i much prefer cold heat and funky 16 corners to stark reality (respect due RIP) which releases should i check out? i was thinkin about the carolina and texas funks comps.

Def check out

Out There by The Heliocentrics

Sahara Swing- Karl Hector & The Malcouns

Earthology or In The Raw by The Whitefield Brothers

Lightworlds EP by Mr. Chop

Those are some of my favorite albums of all time..and all have come out on Now Again

i got malcouns and whitefield. i hated for pete's sake by mr. chop. is it anything like that?

Does ANYONE know where I can get Witch - Introduction? Download, whatever....

I'm sure a few spots online have it, but Dusty Groove has it right now, on vinyl that is. Limited run, I think price is around $45. I heard some of the tracks, sh!t is fire!

So now again has a lot of dope stuff and i'm not sure where to start. i know that i'm looking for ore funky stuff than psych. for example i much prefer cold heat and funky 16 corners to stark reality (respect due RIP) which releases should i check out? i was thinkin about the carolina and texas funks comps.

If you're digging on that dirty funk sound that N.A. puts out check out the Carleen and the Groovers EP, it's super nasty funk, also the Amnesty and Ebony Rhythm Band albums would do you well.

I'm sure a few spots online have it, but Dusty Groove has it right now, on vinyl that is. Limited run, I think price is around $45. I heard some of the tracks, sh!t is fire!

Shhhiiitttt, never spent that much...

Hah googling it results with this thread, not a good sign

I don't know about the album but Now-Again! has a free download of the song Madlib used; WITCH- Introduction

Cheers, I'll have to make do with that.

i got the texas funk compilation and a bunch of other stuff. i'm lookin forward to it.

I just found out Connie Price & The Keystones is the shit, just strait up funky soul instrumentals without much psych. You should check them out Vilens

NYBArtistImage.jpg

This is the best album they have, and that says a lot!

Vouch.

Go here:

Natural Yogurt Band:

http://www.stonesthrow.com/store/album/nat...with-melancholy

and

Forge Your Own Chains:

http://www.stonesthrow.com/store/album/var...your-own-chains

if you

a) want to get acquainted with old/unique/foreign bands,

B ) want two now-again classics in your collection,

or c) just want to listen to some badass music,

those two are must haves.

OK...looks like a lotta new NA fans in this piece...

connie price & the keystones "wildflowers" is probably the best

joint released on NA

if you like old, dirty funk (ala funky 16 corners) then roll with

ebony rhythm band, amnesty & kashmere stage band

on some psyche-out/spacey shit? check out heliocentrics,

stark reality

LA carnival is kind of a mix of both of the above...spacey & funky...

some other dope releases:

-connie price "blood's haul OST" this shit bangs...4 tracks but all are serious

-sand dollars ft. PBW on vocals "get thy bearings" cold ass donovan cover

-cold heat is a dope comp kind of a funky 16 pt. 2

hope this helps...

• Like 1

Anyone here subscribed to the now-again deluxe on drip? I am willing to support and everything but simple question: is there really one issue per month? I feel like NA isn’t an intensive label and that they won’t mess with records just to give people 1 album a month. Any comments on how they deal with this online service?

Anyone here subscribed to the now-again deluxe on drip? I am willing to support and everything but simple question: is there really one issue per month? I feel like NA isn’t an intensive label and that they won’t mess with records just to give people 1 album a month. Any comments on how they deal with this online service?

I have been happy with my drip. It has been more than 1 a month, but I have only been doing it for 2 months.

want a good place to start? Well here you go: http://www.nowagainrecords.com/picks/ free downloads that got me to subscribe to the drip.

I had a blast digging around Egon's picks and going to his NPR and Red Bull articles. And for funk, try this: http://www.nowagainrecords.com/egons-funk-archaeology-at-npr-uptempo-ballads/

great... opening up the wallet yet again for NowAgain...

Buy my used copy of the CD, I ship any additional cds or records for free after the first.

Heliocentrics
Stark Reality
Amnesty

Stark Reality and the Heliocentrics were on the kind of musical plane that I wasn't ready for as a youth getting into Stones Throw. The Heliocentrics took me to another world, another plane I had never known before, and I am admittedly still processing Stark Reality's brand of free jazz.

The 3 EPs of Karl Hector & The Malcouns they released prior to as well as the new LP, Unstraight Ahead, are all excellent.

Not NA, but check The Budos Band, Menahan Street Band & El Michels Affair.

• Like 2

Now-again has started a great digital subscription at Rappcats. Ten bucks, 1st month for free-trial, all new releases come with mp3 & wav. Immediate downloads contain african fuzzy rock, spiritual freeminded jazz, reenlighted psych rock, ethio funk breaks and a crazy ass brazilian mix from a guy you may have heard of.

Everything goes on on their own website for a really good price. Now-Again was being a bit exclusive with all the LP-club, fancy reeditions, expensive shipping rates so I think this is a pretty good option to listen to their catalog and support them.

• Like 1